Fuel filters?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okihost

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I am looking for a decent fuel filter for my maxx, I found dubro.com in one of the RC mags and was thinking about picking one up, anyone have any feedback on them?

Also I notice they have a small and a large version of this filter does it matter which one I choose?

www.dubro.com

I can't say if one is really any better than the other. They all appear to look about the same, 3 parts, a 2 piece aluminum housing with a fine screen insert. The important thing is that you install one.

Originally posted by StrechM
I can't say if one is really any better than the other. They all appear to look about the same, 3 parts, a 2 piece aluminum housing with a fine screen insert. The important thing is that you install one.

Thanks, so if I get the large or small one it will really have no impact on fuel getting to the engine correct?

Trying to get everything I really need before even cracking the box on this thing and I think this is about all I really need now as I have the failsafe and waiting on a tempgun.

I've used the dubro and the Dynamite filters, both work fine but I like the Dynamite ones much better. One thing I also do, when I open it up to check it or clean it I use some Racers Choice carb seal around the threads of the filter, insuring no air leaks. I also like the fact you can get replacement filter screens for the dynamite filters. But As StrechM mentioned, just make sure you use one.

i use a dubro filter on my maxx and it works just fine and like stated above get what you want just make sure you have one

Originally posted by okihost

Thanks, so if I get the large or small one it will really have no impact on fuel getting to the engine correct?

Trying to get everything I really need before even cracking the box on this thing and I think this is about all I really need now as I have the failsafe and waiting on a tempgun.

It shouldn't have any impact on fuel getting to the engine as long as it is clean of debris.

What temp gun did you decide on?

It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. NC's comment on the Dynamite fuel filter is a good one. I have a couple of them and the filter inserts are replaceable.

cool thanks alot :) my LHS has them so I am going to pick one up this week and then I am ready to go I think, just another 2-3 months till it warms up so I can brak it in. lol..

thanks again.

Back