Ftx Zoro 6s upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DamianRC

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I have a Ftx Zorro short course truck. I exchanged the ESC from 3s to 4s. The increase in speed on road and dirt was amazing. Thing is, I was playing around with the idea that I could upgrade it even further with a 6s combo just for the heck of it.

To take a 3s rig and convert it to 6S, you're likely going to be replacing and upgrading lots of parts. 3S parts aren't designed to withstand 6S power.

Somebody said I was pushing my luck with 4s. So yeah, I probably will not do it. The Zorro has got a strong mid axle set up etc, handles really well. I only wish I had more time to do my RC stuff. Living in London, traveling to work etc. I'm lucky if I can get out once a week/fortnight.

I used to drive mine a lot more, but anymore I just like building them. I leave the driving for my kiddo 😉

That's one thing that always got me before I became disabled though. You spend so much time working for someone else, just to get by, and have very little time for your own pleasures in life. I miss the money I made working, but if I had a miraculous recovery, I would not go back. I think I'd just pack up and go live in the wilderness 😜

My girlfriend said it would be brilliant living in the USA. Would still have to work hard, but more time and space. We can only dream. London is not really a good place for RC. Most of the parks have banned RC cars. There's a RC club in Putney that's trying to get use of a field in a park. Near there. Can't see the council agreeing.

London has some of the biggest and best RC shops. What they don't tell you is, there is nowhere to run them. A friend bought an Arrma infraction. It's an ornament in his living room.

Kevin Talbot finds places to run them. I'd be finding out where he goes.

Kevin Talbot, the salesman. Talbot lives in Surrey, they got loads of space there.