FTx carnage nt dieing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannyboy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all, newbie here for rc cars

last week bought a FTx carnage nt with force .18, done the break in as per the instructions. Now tried to get a bit more top end and pick up with has worked but now after doing couple of speed runs and coming if the throttle engine tends to Sit high on idle and just die and takes a while to restart. So far all I’ve done is leaned HSN by half a turn and adjusted the throttle so it idles without trying to move. Would it be possible that LSN and idle screw needs adjusting? Can someone shed some light please

Hi all, newbie here for rc cars

last week bought a FTx carnage nt with force .18, done the break in as per the instructions. Now tried to get a bit more top end and pick up with has worked but now after doing couple of speed runs and coming if the throttle engine tends to Sit high on idle and just die and takes a while to restart. So far all I’ve done is leaned HSN by half a turn and adjusted the throttle so it idles without trying to move. Would it be possible that LSN and idle screw needs adjusting? Can someone shed some light please

Yea ,after doing your break-in ,an you start leaning the engines HSN ,the engine will start to rev. ,you may need to adjust the idle
set screw ,but also ,you may need to check your transmitters throttle trim ,the idle set screw acts like a stopper an doesn't allow
the barrel in the carb to close completely off allowing the engine to idle!

The Lsn ,is the setting for idle & transition from idle to full throttle ,that setting is usually done after the Hsn is tuned an the
engine warmed up!

did you do straight to half a turn on the HSN? that is a major major adjustment if so.
or was that slowly, 1/8 of a turn at a time?
the adjustment at a single time for any of the needles should be 1/12-very very max 1/4.
these are very precise needles, 1/8 of a turn can be the difference between dangerously lean, and good running tune.
i am going to hazard a guess that your LSN is rich, and idle gap is wide to compensate.
start with HSN adjustment, then once that gets close, thats when you work on LSN and Idle, then final adjustment to HSN if necessary.

Thank you for replies guys, the adjustments were done at about 1/8 of a turn, sort of 5 minutes gaps, idle needed slight adjustment and the trim is at 0, the LSN needed 1/8 richer up and now it isles, picks up nicely and has a nice trail on blueish smoke, still needs tuning but I would rather having running richer than leaner

Welcome to RCT! Tuning takes practice but it sounds like you’re on the right track.

Back