FS Racing 30CC Buggy 4wd conversion kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom91

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there! First post here. I recently purchased a 1/5 FS Racing petrol buggy along with a tuned exhaust upgrade (which I had no trouble installing) and a 4WD conversion kit. (of which I haven't installed yet) However I am not very mechanically minded on what needs to be disassembled and necessary tools to do the 4WD conversion. Anyone here also got this car and done this upgrade? If so can I have a brief explanation on what I need to do/disassemble to install it? Many thanks
IMG_1185.jpg

Found a lone video (after a few searches) of a guy that did it. I didn't watch it... it's over an hour long, but might be worth skimming through:

Tom, You need to listen to me because I had this and it was a mistake. I've been doing RC for a while and this truck was the worst experience that I've had since I started this hobby. The entire truck is a very bad design. I finally traded it for a DJI Phantom 2 copter to a guy that wanted it and I just couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Parts are expensive and hard to find and you can't run it without something going wrong or breaking. The drive train is a bad design. It's almost impossible to set and maintain clearances in the gear mesh in the diff's and they will self destruct. Even if you put locktite on every thing it will still vibrate apart. It strips the drive gears one after another. What you need to do is clean it up so it looks new and put it on EBay. You can probably get $200 or more for it. Take that money and buy a Rovan buggy or truck for about $450 and you will have something nice to play with. The Rovan is an HPI clone that cost hundreds less than the HPI and all the parts available are interchangeable.

Thanks for the reply. This was my first 1/5 scale car and so far I've had fun with it, but yeah you could be right. Had to do some repairs already to it, front suspension broke and throttle/brake servo linkage came off. I actually purchased a Rovan Baja shortly after and yeah it does seem a better built machine with much easier to find spare parts. I will continue to have some fun with this one in the mean time then sell it probably. What matters most is that I've had fun with the car and when the time is right I will sell it on. It was my first after all and when we get into a new hobby we have to go through trial and error.

Thanks for the reply. This was my first 1/5 scale car and so far I've had fun with it, but yeah you could be right. Had to do some repairs already to it, front suspension broke and throttle/brake servo linkage came off. I actually purchased a Rovan Baja shortly after and yeah it does seem a better built machine with much easier to find spare parts. I will continue to have some fun with this one in the mean time then sell it probably. What matters most is that I've had fun with the car and when the time is right I will sell it on. It was my first after all and when we get into a new hobby we have to go through trial and error.
Hi Tom...Did you ever upgrade your buggy to 4WD?
Regards
Gary

Back