FS Racing 1/5 30cc Desert Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KROGOTH

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was on RCtech.net, browsing their largescale section and came across a thread with alot of different sites that sell 1/5th scale on road and off road trucks.

So while I was on Oversizerc.com, I came across the FS Racing 1/5th Desert truck. Its a 1/5th scale Pro2 CORR style truck, and supposedly can be converted to 4WD easily.

Now I've done a lil searching on google for the FS Racing brand and this truck in particular and havent come across anything yet. Anyone else heard of the brand or seen this truck?

If its any good, and the brand is legit/stock parts easily available, I will definitely be buying one of these once I'm settled back in the states here in a few monthes. Hell, I may be buying it anyways, and I will give yall the downlow!

Looks like it will definitely be more kickass than the 5T, though nothing can replace my 5B. I just have something against the wanna be truck, lol. No offense to anyone!

Excerpt from the site:

FS Racing 30cc 1/5 Scale Desert Truck

Length 860mm Width 420mm Height 320mm

2wd Driveline/ Can Use the Fs 4wd Conversion Kit !!

30cc Engine - Alloy Chassis

28kg Steering Servo, LCD Remote, Desert Truck Wheel and Tyre Combo.

Ready To Run

Contents

Truck, User Manual, Spark Plug Tool, LCD Remote, Battery and Charger.

Requires

8 x AA Batteries for Remote Control

Pick one Up Today

This is kinda cross posted from another forum I frequent. I've found more info on the FS Racing brand, and this truck isnt released yet. I've spoken with a US based FS Racing dealer and am excited to see more pics once he recieves his demo models, and if I get lucky, get ahold of one of them myself.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go with this, or get a MCD Baja 1000. To me, this truck looks more true to the CORR style, unlike the MCD Baja. Looks like a scaled up SC8!

What say yall? got anything to add?

Sorry, forgot the link. And yeah, it looks waaaay more appealing than the 5T. Its like a scaled up SC8, and its 4wd.

I've spoken to a US based FS Racing dealer and hes waiting for his demo models to come in from China. The FS Racing brand is a knock off of MCD, and is good for the cost, though of course requires some work out of the box. The electronics are crap, some alloy upgrades are a total must, but they are getting better.

I dont know about the truck itself, as its new. I'm waiting for my Dealer contact to get pics of his demo models when he receives 'em.

Most parts are compatible or close to compatible with MCD parts, but from what I hear, they arent very good at jumping, not like 5B's are/can be.

A couple of guys at MCD's at the local 5th scale off-road track earlier this year. They didn't jump for crap either.

jeez, as if the 8th wasn't already too big. Whats next? Half-scale ?

I got one comin

what up fellas?I just ordered mine last night from EngageRC.com,they said I would have it before X-mas..Thought you might wanna know
I was on RCtech.net, browsing their largescale section and came across a thread with alot of different sites that sell 1/5th scale on road and off road trucks.

So while I was on Oversizerc.com, I came across the FS Racing 1/5th Desert truck. Its a 1/5th scale Pro2 CORR style truck, and supposedly can be converted to 4WD easily.

Now I've done a lil searching on google for the FS Racing brand and this truck in particular and havent come across anything yet. Anyone else heard of the brand or seen this truck?

If its any good, and the brand is legit/stock parts easily available, I will definitely be buying one of these once I'm settled back in the states here in a few monthes. Hell, I may be buying it anyways, and I will give yall the downlow!

Looks like it will definitely be more kickass than the 5T, though nothing can replace my 5B. I just have something against the wanna be truck, lol. No offense to anyone!

Excerpt from the site:

FS Racing 30cc 1/5 Scale Desert Truck

Length 860mm Width 420mm Height 320mm

2wd Driveline/ Can Use the Fs 4wd Conversion Kit !!

30cc Engine - Alloy Chassis

28kg Steering Servo, LCD Remote, Desert Truck Wheel and Tyre Combo.

Ready To Run

Contents

Truck, User Manual, Spark Plug Tool, LCD Remote, Battery and Charger.

Requires

8 x AA Batteries for Remote Control

Pick one Up Today

This is kinda cross posted from another forum I frequent. I've found more info on the FS Racing brand, and this truck isnt released yet. I've spoken with a US based FS Racing dealer and am excited to see more pics once he recieves his demo models, and if I get lucky, get ahold of one of them myself.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go with this, or get a MCD Baja 1000. To me, this truck looks more true to the CORR style, unlike the MCD Baja. Looks like a scaled up SC8!

What say yall? got anything to add?

Back