Front wheels turn forward,Back wheels turn other way

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatbrains

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Was out doing final tuning on engine and when i started up engine on 2nd tank i noticed that back wheels were spinning in different direction to front wheels when started on starter box and when i placed truggy on ground it would just stall. It is a 4wd so if anyone has any comments on what might of happend i would be very greatful.:\

One of your diffs is installed backwards. Whichever one turns in reverse needs to be removed and reinstalled with the ring gear on the opposite side of the case.

Ok thanks man. The only thing i find strange is it was working fine during break in and while i was tuning it and then out of no where it started happening

Well, that's curious. The only other thing that could cause your condition would be if the center diff housing were somehow locked down, forcing the front and rear drive shafts to spin in opposite directions. But if that were the case, the engine would not be able to drive them at all, on the ground or not.

What happens if you spin both rear or both front wheels in the same direction by hand? Does the other end of the vehicle cooperate?

No. When i spin front wheels together the back wheels go in other direction. Like you said i find it strange that it was going correct directions to start with and out of the blue it started doing this. Very strange

Are the center drive shafts turning the same direction? If nothing is bound up, a backwards differential is still the only explanation I can think of.

What kit is it, BTW?

Hey sorry for the late reply i've been at work. Drive Shafts spin in different directions. The Truggy is a Jammin X2 1/8 scale and have put a LRP Z.28R Nitro Engine in it

I had a car do that on me. Turned out to be a broken gear in the center diff. Replaced the gear and no more problem. SHaun