Front bearing leak

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvhCo

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey guys. It's the first time I'm facing a possible air leak. The engine is idling...kinda like normal, but it overheats pretty quick. After 5 minutes you can't keep your hand on the heatsink for more than 5 seconds. Sometimes, it revs down to idle kinda slow, and there's also a HUGE oil puddle under the flywheel. Is this actually a leak? How do I fix it?

EDIT: The engine was not driving anything at all. Just the naked flywheel. That might explain the overheating.

Last edited:
Engines require air to pass over them as the vehicle moves to keep cool. However, at an idle, they can usually sit for a long time without overheating. A seeping bearing could just be due to it being too rich causing it to fill the crank case with excess fuel/oil which drips out through the bearing. Is it mostly oil seeping out or is it raw fuel (thick like oil, or watery like fuel)?

Engines require air to pass over them as the vehicle moves to keep cool. However, at an idle, they can usually sit for a long time without overheating. A seeping bearing could just be due to it being too rich causing it to fill the crank case with excess fuel/oil which drips out through the bearing. Is it mostly oil seeping out or is it raw fuel (thick like oil, or watery like fuel)?
It's more like a combination of both. It's transparent liquid, with a few brown-ish spots on it.
Either way, I think I fixed it somehow. It's not overheating at all no more, and can hold a high rev for a long time. However, I did the WD-40 leak test (sprayed WD-40 on the collar's area), and the engine slowly stalled the more I kept spraying WD-40. This was minimal, though.
Idle was very good, too, but it felt like stalling ocasionally.