Free RC10GT :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My buddy bought a RC10GT about 10 years ago. We both knew little about nitro, if anything. He tried breaking it in when it was about 40 degrees out. He said he couldn't keep it running longer than a few seconds. But when it did run, the idle screw fell out. When he tried putting the new one in, he ran into the problem of not being able to find the notch. He never touched it again. I took it home about 5 years ago, with the intention of fixing it, but never got around to it. The main reason being that he always said he wanted it back, so I didn't really want to spend any dough on it. He finally told me to keep it, so now I wanna get it running. I cleaned the engine up and didn't find a mark on the sleeve. Sealed it up, cleaned the old crap out of the tank, ect... I pillaged the shocks and tires over the years, but all of the electronics are there and function fine. It came with a Hitec radio system.:) The pull start and owb were missing when I got it, and there is a flat spot ground into the crank(?!). I'm gonna pop the ez start off of my Maxx and see if the trx bearing grabs the shaft. If not, bump box. Money I really don't want to spend, but owb's will add up fast. I'll try one. I drilled out some steel 12mm hexes and they fit the rear stub shafts perfectly. So now I can use my assortment of junk wheels and tires.:) I'm pumped; I think this thing will be a great basher. The engine has to have all of it's compression, if not, most. Way more than my T Maxx, and it runs fine. Now I just have to save some dough and get 'er goin'.:) All I need is an ignitor, p/s and owb. Anybody getting rid of any of those things, feel free to shoot me a pm.

I Think that you've got great and relatively cheap project. Good luck finding your parts, Matt.

I think I have a few small boxes of RC10GT parts in my workshop...somewhere! I'll see if I can dig em up...

Nice score man its always nice to get something for
free. That way it doesn't hurt so bad to stick some one into it.

I also was given a rc10gt a couple of weeks ago from my brother. He had run about half a gallon through it 4 years ago when he bought it from the lhs. So I did the proper procedures for a truck that has been sitting a few years. Tuned it and it runs great. Still a pretty new truck.
Free rc10gts are in the air...

i got an rc10gt rtr plus about 5 or 6 years ago. i still have it all i need is an engine for it because mines shot....it lasted untill last summer before finaly giving up....awesome little truck and those stock AE engines can realy take a beating

I think I have a few small boxes of RC10GT parts in my workshop...somewhere! I'll see if I can dig em up...

Thank you kindly man. I'm so damn broke these days, I'm pretty much stuck with what I have for now. I had to throw some Traxxas rear shocks on the front of it.:) The geometry seems to stay intact, and it has a lot of travel. Traxxas rears on the back work just fine. I'm thinking about trading/selling my T Maxx for some support gear. I think the RC10 would be a more reliable basher. It will have more balls than my Maxx, and I really don't have a need for a 4x4 around here.

Nice score my man. I wish someone would give me a free RC10GT. Heck, I wish someone would give me a free anything! They say FREE is the new CHEAP!

:Washington_National:redbuggy:

man i would not bother,i rebuilt mine with reg parts and it costed me an arm and after tearnin through the bulk head the entire screw set and replacin everything in the damn truck i spent both legs gettin upgrade parts for it,now I've got a mean as stadium truck that I'm scared to run cause I'm affraid its gonna cost fiffty buck a pop.

o and as a token I've got front and back mactching shocks i will damn near give to you, 5 bucks a shock,oooh and springs!and I've got them freshly sealed with new intearnal parts and silicon

i have a few things aswell i will hook you up with,nothing to special but i do have an extra ignighter,the shocks,front and rear suspension arms,outdrives,diff,idler gear,front and rear axels,plenty of bushings,tires.well couple other things but can't think of them,i also have a megatech m-16 that I'm not using it has a brand new roto start on it just didnt have enough rpm in the drill to start it,but i know it runs

Back