Frame plate

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stouty109

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has any one painted their blue frame plate to a diff color or jus got rid of the blue? I'm thinkin about painting it red or grinding the blue color off and leaving it silver.

I would not recommend painting it. Nitro fuel will just peel the paint right off. If you want to remove the blue anodize just soak the chassis plate in gel drano for a bit the anodized finish comes off easy. But you have to polish it afterwards. I sand mine with a jitter bug sander, then wet sand it with 2000 grit sandpaper. Then polish it with mothers alum polish you can get a nice chrome appearance that way.

Thanks for the info. I for got to mention its going to be for my emaxx conversion.

You also can use Greased Lighting and it pulls the anno off as well. Just a bit less caustic than the draino. You would use the same process to clean it up afterwards as above.

Do NOT grind off the blue lol. It will look like poo. Yellow cap oven cleaner will easily take off the light anodizing

You could get it powder coated. It shouldn't cost much and it will look sweet!

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Here's a tmaxx chassis powder coated green
nunyquny.jpg

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

Thanks Non Crimen. Ill look in to that

Back