Found my truck today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well i have a new rtr sc10gt on its way but there is weather issues and i have no time this month to brake in a motor to be honest. So i been looking for a good running truck. I thought i found one in another thread i posted i was looking at a 2.5 max but sure enough it was the first gen with a bs motor and it was priced do to the metal. I was told by one of the workers this might not be my best buy. He showed me a jato 3.3 with a 2.4 system but it was beat on pretty bad. I then seen a T maxx it had 3.3 but it looked to be a 2.5 or 2.5r. I got and it drives great and there is no issue. keep in mind it is cold here and i can not do many speed runs but there is lots of life left in the motor. It has no reverse but the servo is there. It has a black trans case, it has no metal tune pipe but there is a cut out behind the receiver box that has me thrown off a tad. It has the older 3 channel system that works just fine. It all so has a wheelie bar. Upgrade's are limited but there is upper front rpm plastic arm's, plastic rmp skid plate the middle section and rear. That is is as far as upgrade, i added a fuel filter , soon to add a receiver pack and ditch the old on/off wire that is starting to fall a part lol. I might do a new filter as the one i got works and i am sure is just fine but there is some cracks to it. I will try to get some pics but i think i have a 2.5 or 2.5r here with a motor upgrade and no reverse. I kinda like it to be honest , and it drove great no issues its running super rich lots of smoke and the plug was nice a wet lol. It did speed up well and i got second gear to kick in a few times. I think a good tune it will do great, i tend to think lean on the top end, lean on the low end a tad and back off the idle and i should be good. I might leave the idle alone. So i am pretty darn happy and i have a good truck i can mess around with for the next few months. I really doubt i will put any real money in to it.

RPM A-Arms when they break. That's it. HAVE FUN!

RPM A-Arms when they break. That's it. HAVE FUN!
They did the whole front but for some odd reason not the lower left when looking from above. That has me only wanting to find out why they did that. If you look at the rear arms they could use a new set just the lower section. Thanks for checking in my friend.

Probably used what parts they had on hand at the time, just to keep it running
and functional. You'll see some odd ball repairs in this hobby now and then.

The engine size should be stamped on either side of the crank case.
Although the 2.5 and 2.5R have interchangeable cooling heads, generally the 2.5 has a grey cooling head,
the 2.5R and 3.3 have a blue cooling head.

Does your transmission still have the reverse actuating lever protruding through it
or was it removed and capped off?

Last edited:
Probably used what parts they had on hand at the time, just to keep it running
and functional. You'll see some odd ball repairs in this hobby now and then.

The engine size should be stamped on either side of the crank case.
Although the 2.5 and 2.5R have interchangeable cooling heads, generally the 2.5 has a grey cooling head,
the 2.5R and 3.3 have a blue cooling head.

Does your transmission still have the reverse actuating lever protruding through it
or was it removed and capped off?

It died today , it had a 3.3 with a 2.5 tune pipe. It had a reverse delete with the part capped off. It has stock electronics. It still has the servo to go reverse there. I have to do a new motor, the rear is .15 the front is 2.5 and drive train i hate to say it i think is .15. It is not as bulky as the 2.5 rtr truck. I will do a 2.5 motor and use some parts that i was able to save. I got in to a pos truck its my fault. I ran less then 3 tanks, i did look over the truck . I seen the piston and it looked real dark. I knew it would not last long but after a few speed runs i slowed down turned. Came to a stop gave it gas not even full , less then half and i heard metal tear apart. I knew i was in for a new motor.

Back