Found a new basher!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Was heading out to run my flux and stampede today for the first time since November and happened to spot a guy walk/driving an RC. I never see anyone running RC's. I pulled up next to him and luckily he wasn't a kid, just some dude out tinkering around. Mentioned I was about to head to the only skate park in town to run my RC's. Then he said "you can run these at a skate park? There's a skate park in town?". We spent the next few hours bashing our rigs.

He was relatively new to land RC's and really had only been running "drones" up until recently. He had an arrma telion. Spent an hour or so helping him re-learn how to drive an RC when jumping.

It has been at least 5 years since I ran with anyone. Forgot how much more fun it was to bash with another person. So much so that I forgot to use my camera... oh well.

What, you mean there ARE others out there?! You have again given me hope. :D

What did you think of the Arrma Talion?

What, you mean there ARE others out there?! You have again given me hope. :D

What did you think of the Arrma Talion?

He was heading home when I met him, then we went to the skate park. I don't think he's as well funded as myself as he only had 2 3S packs, which went dead 10 minutes after we got there. I ran mine for 20 minutes or so, then I took him home to meet up later after he recharged. Then when we met up later, he had called a buddy who had a merv, he showed up too. Really should have taken out my camera for some footage. We ran for a while and his buddy's pack went flat, then I snapped off another ball end on my flux's shock and switched to my stampede for a pack.

As for the talion, I wasn't overly impressed. I'm guessing his is mostly stock and it's the V2. He landed a bit off kilter once which ended the day for him. Busted a rear shock off at the threads, snapped the rear arm into splinters. Running 6S, his couldn't keep up with my flux on 4S for speed. It drove pretty nice though. With trenchers on my flux and it being the short version, mine is pretty sketchy at speed with the high COG. From what I read online, the V3 (latest version) has beefier arms and 4mm shock shafts than the V2 he has.Figured I'd read up a bit on it to try and help him further later on.

He just liked seeing the wheelies mine put out as well as backflips. I told him he could put heavier fluid in his center diff so he could get more of his power to the ground, but he kind of didn't know what I was talking about. I explained it further to show him the mechanics of it and what thicker oil would do for him. Either way, even with a shattered truck in his hand, he was a happy guy to have learned something and to have been able to see what a land vehicle can be capable of. Was amusing to see their faces and hear them howl as I did a backflip out of a bowl a few times. I was like "what? I'm just driving it like I always do. I haven't even done anything stupid yet!" lol

I my self was more happy going home with a broken truck if I remember right!....:D
Usually how I end up going home, especially when I bash with others. Having an audience tends to make me more brave... or stupid... probably both. :)

Back