Flywheel Getting Stuck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaylaE

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I am newer to nitro rc cars. On one of my cars the motor got flooded to where the pull starter would not pull out. After taking the glow plug out and pulling a few times, it was working again. While starting it the pull cable got stuck again but this time the glow plug didn't fix it. Also the flywheel was not moving. I was able to take the motor out of the car and was able to get it to break free. All seemed to be fine while putting the car back together. After a few pulls the flywheel froze up again. Any idea as to why this keeps happening?

If it's a new engine that's fairly common. The piston is getting stuck at the top of the stroke where the pinch is tightest. I had one do that during break in a while back. It will help to heat it up. I used a hair dryer and also put a little after run oil in glow plug hole. That broke it loose and I was able to complete the break in.

I agree with watertrucker ,if the engine is new ,they will get stuck!
Just turn the flywheel by hand or if you have to ,a big pair of channel loc's!...:cool:

Be careful not to pull on the starter too hard or you'll snap the line... Its no fun to replace them!
Welcome to RCNT! :welcome_sign: