Flywheel/ cb xxxnt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvjv2009

The dork that asks all the stupid questions...
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know this is probably a total newb question, but I am lost.. I need to know what flywheel and clutch/chutch bell I need. I am putting an OS .15 cv x in a Losi xxx nt. I have a flywheel and cb on it now but it does not come close to fitting. The one I have measures o.d. of flywheel is 39mm and o.d. of cb is 29mm. I have only up to this point ever bought cb/flywheels for Traxxas stuff and always got them off chop shops that sell ya everything you need in one shot. I will really appreciate any and all help!!

I also could use some direction on exhaust manifold.

Yes I need both.. Neither of the ones I have on hand will fit into model/

I took everything I had to hobby shop yesterday. After about 45 minutes of mish mashing crap together, the doofus helping me told me that the parts do not exist and he suggested I convert to brushless.... I almost puked right on the counter.. So this project is on hold til I know for sure what I need.

Are you using the flywheel and CB for a Losi XXXNT?
I'm still unclear as to whether you're trying to use the stock flywheel and CB for the kit you own or if your using 2 randoms ones you got from something else.

Got them out of redcat junk pile. I'm starting to figure it out

Then I would buy the CB and flywheel for the actual kit you are using if you can't figure out how to make those work.

I think I can use a kit from a rustler and swap out the fly wheel nut for one wit shaft on it.

Then I would buy the CB and flywheel for the actual kit you are using if you can't figure out how to make those work.
Prob is all the losi xxxnt stuff is discontinued

Why buy parts for a Rusty that may or may not work when you can simply buy the ones that go to your kit?

Ahhhh ok...you edited your post as I was posting my question.

Here 5 pages of replacement parts for the XXX-NT...I saw a couple of clutchbells...not sure about the flywheel, didnt look to close.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Losi-XXX-NT-Parts_c_419.html

Last edited:
I looked there earlier. I google searched Amazon searched EBay searched, a main, tower, rc planet.. I'm just so unfamiliar with this. Thank you for all your help.

I had a Losi XXX-NT and it really was a blast. They are still out there, and sooner or later you'll hook up with the parts you need.
I'm sure most of them are under benches in the garage, but eventually they'll be sold off for parts. Just keep checking.

I think I have everything on the way to make it work. All except a body.

All my projects are half done. And I keep hitting dead ends. Driving me insane.

Last edited:
So I did some searching. I can use a kit from a nitro sport. pro .15. I will have to cut the crank down a bit. If the flywheel is still too big (which I think I be good) I will have it milled down a couple of mm. I do believe the pro.15 uses a 5mm shaft like the OS.

$13 on it's way!

Just wanted to update incase it may help someone else later on. I ordered a flywheel/cb clutch kit from a traxxas nitro sport. I had to cut part of the crank off, pretty easy really with my dremel. It worked fine. OS .15 engine.

Back