FlySky GT5 Gyro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RET4RD

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Question! I'm building an FMX over the summer and I was wondering if the FlySky GT5's receiver with the integrated gyro will work by itself, or if I need to get a separate gyro for it.
Also, is a rear-mounted motor superior over a mid-motor in a drift rig? Or front-mounted?
Alsoooooooo...........could I maybe … just maybe … do a drag conversion to it later on if I wanted, or is that not a good idea?

Question! I'm building an FMX over the summer and I was wondering if the FlySky GT5's receiver with the integrated gyro will work by itself, or if I need to get a separate gyro for it.
Also, is a rear-mounted motor superior over a mid-motor in a drift rig? Or front-mounted?
Alsoooooooo...........could I maybe … just maybe … do a drag conversion to it later on if I wanted, or is that not a good idea?
I think it should work straight out the box. I’ve bought exactly the same unit, along with additional receivers for future builds, and as the gyro is internal you won’t need anything else. I haven’t set everything up yet for running as I’ve only just finished my build, Tekno EB410.2, but will do when I get a bit more time.
I’m not sure if attaching the GT5’s instructions is allowed? But I’ve got them in English if needed.