Flux HP slipper...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adeezy9183

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys anyone know of a heavy duty slipper kit for the flux? i've gone thru 4 or 5 slipper pads in this thing. i also run on 6s most of the time too. i looked at robinson racing and can't find anything...

I did a quick looksy and I couldnt find anything either.

I have not seen one either man. The only thing I could think of is to find a steel Savage X double sided style and slap it on there. With the X style at least you have two pads to take the force. I have yet to run mine on 6s so I guess I will just have to see how many I toast too. Give Deez a try.....yeah I am not even going to pull out the Snoop Dogg joke....too easy.
Like DEEZ....
Or This One
Or That!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ"]But NONE OF THIS!!![/ame]

Last edited:
....Or, you can go with this... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJnqbudMzs"]with this.[/ame]

Last edited:
LOL, that's too funny! i'm not too sure what you're talking about with the double sided savage x gear or whatever. I know all the savage trucks use the same spur and slipper pad and what not. hmmmm....i'm tryin to think of something to do...If i could make the pad thicker somehow, it would last longer...i'm curious if i could stick two of the pads together and super glue them to the spur gear if that would work.

and frickenjoey, if you've never ran this thing on 6s, it will blow your mind!!! O and when you do, make sure you put some loctite on the slipper nut because, i've went through some pads really quick with the nut coming loose and the spur gear destroying the pad....just a heads up

The true "X style" gear was double sided; it came out about 5 years ago or so and they went back to the original single sided. The ones I sent you take two pads, one one each side. Since it is two pads it might work better for you. You would need to get the backing plates that go on the nut side of the spur gear but for both of them it is well under $10.

Plate A
Plate B

Those go on the nut side of the spur gear to allow another pad. Worth a shot right?

Last edited:
wow i have never seen that before and i've had 4 savages including this flux. ok so i'm assuming that plate b is the plate nearest the tranny and plate a is the plate that goes slipper nut side. am i right? and yea i'll give her a shot. what's the worst that can happen?

wow i have never seen that before and i've had 4 savages including this flux. ok so i'm assuming that plate b is the plate nearest the tranny and plate a is the plate that goes slipper nut side. am i right? and yea i'll give her a shot. what's the worst that can happen?
Actually you keep the normal plate that is on there right now and two plates (A&B) go to the outside on the nut side, so it is a two piece plate. I use something similar on my big block T-Maxx. I run a Savage X spur gear with the outer plate being from a Duratrax Warhead.