Flooded or another problem?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryaanooo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Today i spent a long time trying to start my engine. Pro-18BX And it just wouldn't start at all. I think it was the glow plug or my glow starter not hhaving enough charge so i just gave in. However i tipped my car to the side and the exhaust was full of fuel. Probably about 1/4 of the tanks worth. Is this normal? I reverted the needles etc to factory settings twice and then tried alterin them slightly but i really am having no luck. Any advice on the best set ups for this engine on 16% glow fuel and a fast trax #4 glow plug?

sounds like its way to rich. make sure glow starter is charged. try a new glow plug. i have never used 16% nitro fuel. i use 20%...what are the temps where u live?

cold, probablt 10 degrees celcius or 48F at the moment. i'm having problems with the carb now too. can't get an idle gap and at full throttle it's not fully open. i've put two photos in my gallery if they make it more clear. dont know why it's happened though :(

adjust ur idle gap with the idle gap screw. turn it clockwise. it shud open. if not maybe the screw iis stripped. as far as ur wot not being wot, have u tried adjusting throttle trim on ur transmitter? or adjusting the linkage?

All that fuel in the pipe could also be simply from cranking it over and over for eternity without ever getting it started. Don't waste your fuel and time cranking forever with no results. If it doesn't start right away, something is wrong. If you're new to nitro, a good rule of thumb is ALWAYS put a brand new batt(or freshly charged) in your ignitor right before you start. Eliminate that easy variable. And before you start it, take the plug out and check it.

Back