Flm adjustable upper arms

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluetickduke

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I have the flm extended arm kit..

The lower arms are great and I've had no issues but with the upper arms the jam nut and the adjustable actual metal piece that's threaded has popped out of the side that has the retaining pin and I cannot get it to thread back inside the arm so it just kind of floats right now... 👀 👀

I'm about to just pull these off and go non adjustable.. Help please.. 🤦‍♂️

I got a video if needed

Never had a Savvy or aluminum arms. With that said, I'm assuming this.

http://www.fastlanemachine.net/proddetail.php?prod=FLM42000

If it is that, and the description, I'm leaning towards the aluminum threads stripped. Could be the threaded rod.

If this is the case, and it was me, I would clean the threads. I believe tap and dye is the name of the tool for threads. If that doesn't work, I would look into a larger diameter threaded rod and bore the aluminum and thread to that size.

Another solution, threadlock the damage part and use the non damagged part for adjustment.

Once again, I'm not familliar with the truck or part, but had to do this on other parts.

with just about anything . if you have the skills and time and sometimes cash you can repair thing. correct drill . tap size. and a torch n aluminum repair rod..

I got it figured out 👍👌💯

Back