fish tail

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jose.28

the friendly guy
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
New with the brushless and i have a hpi Sprint 2 with side winder with 5700kv motor
I'm having a pproblem running this car as it fish tails when i try to go fast.
I can slowly get up to speed. But it just takes for ever.
Is my alignment off?
Is this castle system too much?

Not one person knows? Or am i just hated and dont know it?

We hate you.... :D

Having lots of power is gonna make this happen, you need to ease out of corners more. You might try softer rear springs though.

We hate you.... :D

Having lots of power is gonna make this happen, you need to ease out of corners more. You might try softer rear springs though.

Its when I'm going straight. I set my trim up nicely and everything but i can't go fast or it will fish tail. Like a muscle car dose when it has massive power.

Adjust your throttle curve with the castle link. And learn to drive brushless.

Also, when I first got into touring cars I was all over the place with mine (nitro RS4) until a friend helped teach me about touring car setup. I had been running 2WD stadium trucks until that point where I could just point and shoot on the track, not so with the touring cars. Setup is critical to how you want the car to handle, and "feel". Caster, camber, toe in / out, spring rate and oil weight, and even the tire and insert choice come into play.

As a general rule though, as mentioned above, softer rear harder front will understeer and push; the inverse of that will oversteer. And brushless powerplants like that require and very smooth trigger finger also as mentioned.

Adjust your throttle curve with the castle link. And learn to drive brushless.

Thats something i notice with brushless is that i need to readjust how i drive.
I'm used to off road. And i did put small spring load on all 4 shocks.
I thought it sat to low to the ground so i raised the car up. I will lower it and and soften the springs. Thanks guys. I know this info is a no brainer but it got me thinking.

Ok so i soften the front and i took it to a different place to run it.
Its alot better now. Still need tweaking but at least now i know I'm headed the right direction.
Thanks guys

Back