First run in 4 years!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezKy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hay all.

Today, my T-maxx 2.5 thundered mercilessly across the ground for the first time in 4 years, during which it was stored in a cupboard because I had other things to do.

After cleaning the air filter & WD-40'ing (technical term :hehe:) the cylinder, I took it to the park for a casual run. I bought a glow plug igniter a couple days back, as the glow plug section of the EZ start 2 had failed, which seems to have happened to many people. Took quite a lot of turning over at first because nothing had worked in so long, but lo and behold, she fired right up, and ran perfectly with the needles all set as they were when I put her away. After tuning her a little I decided to call it a day. I was surprised everything had worked so well. :)

I can feel myself sinking into loving nitro RC once again. Just love that smell and that sound. :D This is a rather pointless topic with nothing to inform but I felt like sharing my joy. :)

Cheers,
Ky :cheers:

Congrats, bro. Emptying your fuel system and using liberal amounts of after run goes a long ways in making time stand still for a rig. You must have taken good care of 'er!

Well I always just followed the maintenance procedures you are supposed to follow WITHOUT fail, while having her tuned nicely.

The way I see it, as long as you do that, it pretty much guarantees longevity does it not? :D

Cheers,
Ky

Dang man mine has been sitting since like august since I broke my tierod its hard though becuase most of the money I make goes into my blaster or my kx 80.