first race =)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAXXcrasher

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my lhs has a dirt track and the holdraces every other week... so i woke up yesterday and said he lets go try out luck and see what i can do on the the track.. keepin mind i have never raced and i pretty much bash my truck around my house.. so i set up all my stuff and it actually looked like i had done this b4 hahaha... i leaned out my carb a little andi pratice a little.. to my amazment i found a line on the track that i could get around quick without crashing.. well its time for the 1st round we line up and go... oh yeah I'm racing a savage and another 3.3... well i make 3/4 around the 1st lap and i nose dive a jump and my exhaust came off the header need to say this round didnt go so great... i broke the pin the hold the exhaust pipe so for a quick fix i used zip ties to hold the exhaust in place and whala fixed! Round 2 i pulled out ahead of the other two after the 1st turn... with about 1 min 15 sec left in the race i land hard on the left rear tire and break the bulk head still drivable thoughjust had to keep it turn to the right with the lead i had i was able to take it easy and pull off the win.. luckilyi had and extra bulk heasd and after about 15 min i have my maxx up and running again.. time for the main heat! i was ready i was gonna make it a clean race.. they bumped up the race time from 3 min to 7 min... the buzzer sounded and off we went i pulled ahead quick again and just pulled ahead of the other two around teh 4th lap i lapped the savage... the annoucer said "1 min" i was pumped i wasn't looking back for teh other maxx i just wanted to finish "15 seconds" i heard i was excited i was gonna win he called time and all i had to do was fnishe my last lap i hit the straight away and punched the throtle ran out of fuel and coasted across the finish line for a 1st place finish! i was super stoked! i won my first race! a complete basher truck going and whooping on these 2 race trucks man it was so much fun! sorry for such a long story but i wanted to share that i beat a savage hahaha and that i won my first race :first_place:

Congrats on your win! :first_place: Dont get too excited that you won against a savage. They are built for bashing and not racing. I bet the savage didnt break anything though. ;)

yeah my maxx isnt a racer either its set up for bashing.. and yeah the savage did break its throttle servo

Back