First gen T-Maxx video

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikegigabyte

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've had this truck since they first came out, around 7 years. All stock except for the exhaust which was sold for the t-maxx, and an old .15 os engine which was bought new, never replaced the piston/sleeve yet. I was originally running a full roll cage but put on a hpi blitz body and made a front bumper to match. Handles alot better without the cage. Made a short video on saturday.
I drive like an old lady, never have broken a part on this truck and would like to keep it that way.

I'm going to bring a wide angle lens next time to get better close shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL that looks almost identical to how I drive my Maxx. I like to jump it, but I have zero desire to make it go fifteen feet in the air and then tumble for a quarter mile, all the while hoping my wallet doesn't have to open too far.

Fun vid! :D

I like that HPI body on there...probably wouldnt fit a extended chassis max though, would it?

Also, I can only dream of bashing spots like that....:\

I believe the original maxx is 10 years old now. Maybe a little over that. I read somewhere that they were released in the fall of '99. I got one in july 2000. I wish I could stumble over a new unopened one today.:(

I believe the original maxx is 10 years old now. Maybe a little over that. I read somewhere that they were released in the fall of '99. I got one in july 2000. I wish I could stumble over a new unopened one today.:(

well maybe it is 10 years old, I got one of the first ones to come out.

I like that HPI body on there...probably wouldnt fit a extended chassis max though, would it?

Also, I can only dream of bashing spots like that....:\

the fender spacing is longer then my wheel spacing, maybe by a few inches so it all depends on how much longer your truck is. I had to cut out the fenders on both the front and rear to make the tires fit and keep the fender openings even looking

Have no idea if the traxxas or associated are the same, I just liked the black look of the hpi

LOL that looks almost identical to how I drive my Maxx. I like to jump it, but I have zero desire to make it go fifteen feet in the air and then tumble for a quarter mile, all the while hoping my wallet doesn't have to open too far.

Fun vid! :D

come on now theres nothing wrong with samshing it up and having to buy new parts every once in awhile plus fixing them is half the fun

Back in 93 when I was heavily into rc I did it all, and thats before widely available internet access. You would have to wait along time for parts to come in, and I have broken everything you could think of, upgraded everything you could think of. Now it drives me crazy to have one apart in pieces for more then a day, I can't stand not having them in running condition. I've done enough breaking for a lifetime. Now I enjoy driving them, I love taking them apart too, just hate waiting for parts. Thankfully my local shops keep most parts in stock so the rare times something does break one of them usually have the parts.

On the tmaxx I've been working on the shock, limiting them from going down to far to keep the body from rubbing, got the problem solved finally. Need to work on getting better tires one day, those are still the original ones, and have some cracks on them from age.

WOW nice video luv the song and I would luv to have a place to run mine like that!!

Back