first gen maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haganator

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my friend has a first gen t-maxx and knows nothing about it. He ran it probably twice when he first got it and its been sitting around his garage for two years. he lost the radio and the body, and its just kinda been thrown around. he also lost the starter and all of that good stuff. God knows if its even going to start but i was wondering how much it would be worth if i were to buy it from him.

T Maxx values have dropped through the floor recently. A gen 1 maxx missing the radio and body, he would be lucky to get $100-150 for it. Especially if it's stock or mostly stock and has the Pro .15 mill in it.

I wouldnt give him more than $50 for it. It isnt worth anything now...

yeah its bone stock and $50ish is what i was thinking. thanks guys

yea, just buy a TQ3 off of ebay and throw some lexan on it.

I have some TQ3 radios I'll sell ya cheap and a Ez-Starter module too......50 would be worth it cause you can have a decent nitro RC for about 150....and that including some upgrades like wider arms and steering servo too....

Thats assuming that the mill isnt' rusted up. If its been sitting in a garage I'd be worried about that. But then again for 50 it would still be worth buying a mill/radio/body.

yeah I didn't think abou thtat...being it was his novelty toy for a day he probably didn't after run oil it....befoer trying to start it tear the mill down and polish all the internals up.....you might get lucky that way.....

Plaidfish said:
I have some TQ3 radios I'll sell ya cheap and a Ez-Starter module too......50 would be worth it cause you can have a decent nitro RC for about 150....and that including some upgrades like wider arms and steering servo too....

New here and have a Trinity Picco Engine on a old .15 T-Maxx what servo is best for steering ?

Hitec 645mg by far the best bang for the buck if you have the am radio... You should also look into a 5-cell rechargable pack.

Back