First-Ever Hobby Grade Rc Car Upgrade!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiplashGamz

RCTalk Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
So about a year ago for my birthday I got an Arrma Senton 3s BLX 4x4, and while it's said "cheap", there are some weak points to dig out and fix, such as the motor mount, and such, rn, I'm trying to find some lights for the car, so I CAN SEE AT NIGHT! cuz last night I was driving it and it disappears in a flash, and I've already had several instances of being very close to running someone over, so that needs to be a thing. but so far, it's been good, but if yall have any suggestions on upgrades, etc, that'd be greatly appreciated!

My brother got us both new arrmmas with his last stimulus check. He got the 1/7 Mojave 6s monster and myself a senton blx 3s. We hit head on around 80 mph combined speeds and senton bounced away unscathed. I tried to break it at a skate park ramping one weekend also. I got bored with it because i didnt have to do anything to it to keep running it. Lol

i've
Welcome to the forum. There are various light bars and such out there that you could attach above the windshield, to the front bumper, etc. Ebay has a lot of choices.

For the motor mount, you can't go wrong with M2C.
https://m2cracing.net/arrma-vorteks/583-m2c-3160-arrma-17mm-hub-extenders.html
heard a lot about m2c, and have seen a lot of good reviews so I'll definitely look into that!
but also, I have a new metal spur gear, (I've been going through at least 15+ plastic spurs a month) and I quickly noticed 2 things:

1. the bushing (I think that's what it's called

My brother got us both new arrmmas with his last stimulus check. He got the 1/7 Mojave 6s monster and myself a senton blx 3s. We hit head on around 80 mph combined speeds and senton bounced away unscathed. I tried to break it at a skate park ramping one weekend also. I got bored with it because i didnt have to do anything to it to keep running it. Lol
THAT'S WHY IT"S SO GOOD!!!! I saw something like that on Kevin talbot's channel, senton & Kraton head on collision, senton is fine, no scratches, while the Kraton, it- it's dead-

That's my kind of vehicle. I hate when something breaks.

huh, wonder how mine managed to break.

huh, wonder how mine managed to break.
My comment was actually me being sarcastic. I have broke more on my Arrma 3S than any other vehicle i own, from broken suspension arms, to destroyed shocks, blown diffs, exploded bearings, countless broken driveshafts, several bumpers and skid plates, wheelie bar. Its pretty bad when i can jump a Traxxas Slash at a concrete skate park, and have done it several times, and, my repair bill the last month ( i have only only owned the Slash about a month, and i bought it used) has been less than any one part i have had to replace on my 3S Arrma. I broke one front C-hub and one rear hub on the Slash, both times from bad landings, and, except for the bearings, which i upgraded to rubber shielded ones, every other part on that truck is stock. It doesn't even have the upgraded Traxxas plastic parts yet.

My comment was actually me being sarcastic. I have broke more on my Arrma 3S than any other vehicle i own, from broken suspension arms, to destroyed shocks, blown diffs, exploded bearings, countless broken driveshafts, several bumpers and skid plates, wheelie bar. Its pretty bad when i can jump a Traxxas Slash at a concrete skate park, and have done it several times, and, my repair bill the last month ( i have only only owned the Slash about a month, and i bought it used) has been less than any one part i have had to replace on my 3S Arrma. I broke one front C-hub and one rear hub on the Slash, both times from bad landings, and, except for the bearings, which i upgraded to rubber shielded ones, every other part on that truck is stock. It doesn't even have the upgraded Traxxas plastic parts yet.
Ahhhh ok!

When I do get an Arrma 3s car I will air it out at a skate park if I get one in the near future. However I do have 2 traxxas slashes and one is stock while the other one is upgraded. they are both durable at jumping. I will update if I get an Arrma

I have a Vorteks and broke a c-hub almost immediately. Replaced with the Hobbypark units for budget reasons and they have held strong.

The only other thing I've broken was the chassis. Other than that it's taken some pretty high leaps with not great landings at the skate park and cartwheeled quite a few times. Body looks like hell though.

I picked up a bunch of spare parts like arms and shock towers from Jennys when I ordered the chassis so none of that will break now because I have spares.

Back