Firestorm 10T questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Switch

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, so i just bought a brand new firestorm 10t (first nitro) and i have some questions.

What brand of fuel and nitro % should i run through it (hasnt been broken in)?
What temperature is unsafe for the motor to be at?
Any advice on upgrades for it?

Hi switch

I would suggest that you read the manual many times over, and be very patient. Page 14 of the manual gives ideal tuning temps. page 24 fuel mixture tuning temps.

I run my firestorm in on 16% and everything went OK, manual recommends 20 -25%, but I think that it is the choice of the individual and you are bound to get some better opinions from others.

Read the stickies at begining of the forum they are no end of help...

Hope this helps

hopper2

Whatever % you break in with you should stick with that %. I use 20% O'Donnels, you'll find alot of people like O'Donnels, Trinity and Byrons. I started with Top Fuel (Traxxas) and like most everyone else, didn't like it after the 1st gallon.
Usually the carbs are set on the rich side when they come from the factory and it can be hard to get the temps to the 'ideal' break-in range on a lower percentage fuel mixture. That may be why they suggest using 20-25%.

A Motor Saver air filter is a good upgrade, fuel filter, fail-safe and throttle return spring (if the Firestorm doesn't have one). I'm not familiar with that rig but those are good general upgrades to consider.

I have to agree with MrClean on the failsafe, If you are starting out with normal AA batteries in the radio gear, there is no warning when the are going to go flat on you, So yes invest in the faisafe to save you a lot of potentially expensive mishaps.

The second upgrade I would suggest would be to get a 6v hump pack and charger to replace the normal AA receiver batteries in the truck. A little expesive at first but they pay for themselves in the long run.

hopper2

I have to agree with MrClean on the failsafe, If you are starting out with normal AA batteries in the radio gear, there is no warning when the are going to go flat on you, So yes invest in the faisafe to save you a lot of potentially expensive mishaps.

The second upgrade I would suggest would be to get a 6v hump pack and charger to replace the normal AA receiver batteries in the truck. A little expesive at first but they pay for themselves in the long run.

hopper2

You can use a failsafe with AA's. One more reason to get the hump pack. Of course then you will need a charger. I also like to get a battery level indicator, but that's just me.