Fioroni 'st' differentials

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCatl

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
i just put the fioroni storm traction front and center torsen differentials in my kanai 3. I'am waiting on the rear (backorded) along with the center storm traction diff for my storm pro(i;ve got the front and rear) my lhs along with one post i read says many people only use the front and center? is this a common setup??

on a side note, these diffs are hard to find in stock, got the kyosho front and center and my gs pro diffs (front and rear) from acehardwarehobbies. I orderd the storm center diff from rchopups.co.uk and the kyosho rear from rc-nation .

any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't have any suggestions but I would love to know how you like the torsen diffs, what is good or bad about them, etc.

Which position do you think the torsen is most useful in if you only got one? They are expensive so if I get them it would be one at a time.

the center differential is the first one you shuold get, some people run the center, some the front and center, and apprently not many run all three.....after reading this article ( http://bdg.centrin.net.id/~inferno/torsen.html ) and a couple like it...the front center setup seems popluar, but many use a standard differential with grease or light weight silicone in the rear differential.

I'm all most finished with my K3 , i'll try it with the front and center torsen, my rear diff should be in, in about a month..

RCatl

Just so I'm on the right track here, the Torsen diffs give more power to the wheels that are stuck, right? Whereas a normal diff would allow it to slip.

It must put a little more strain on the main and bell gears if they do this?

I wonder...

the diffs in my inferno rely on lubrication to control the amount of resistance between the wheels. i know the fioroni diffs also use a lubricant but i wonder what sets them apart. anybody able to explain what makes them different?

has anybody tried them?

Back