Finished Product w/ everyones help. Thanks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-Bomb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so had a bit of trouble with the Tru Track Arms But got it all together with everyones help thanks!!!

Attachments

• 06-26-08_1826.jpg
    06-26-08_1826.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 06-28-08_1445.jpg
    06-28-08_1445.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 06-27-08_1627.jpg
    06-27-08_1627.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 06-26-08_1823.jpg
    06-26-08_1823.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 129
Looks good, except id dump the K&N style filter immediatly.

Ya exept that air filter, the truck looks really good!!!:yes:

What is so bad about the K&N filter. I have heard people talking bad about them but never a reason why?

wow, thats a great looking maxx. I'm with f-bomb on this one, I've heard people talk bad about k&n filters for these for a while now but never found a reason, are they just not "Filtered" enough or something?

What is so bad about the K&N filter. I have heard people talking bad about them but never a reason why?

Its because they just do not seem to have the protection a motor saver does. Maybe someone else has a different opinion, but thats just my opinion... :puke:

The reason that the K&N paper style filters are bad is because they allow particles that are big enough to destroy a nitro engine to pass through. A well oiled foam filter will allow your engine to last A LOT longer. Trust me, I know it looks cool. I have been drag racing and building hot rods for many years, and I'm a huge K&N fan, have one in every vehicle that I own, a lawnmower, and a tractor. But, I had a rude awakening when I got into RC's. After seeing some of the cylinders on engines that had a K&N filter, I was appalled. It's strictly motor saver for me. A lot of times, it only takes a few particles from one good bass session in the dirt to ruin a nitro engine.

Thanks for explaining that Charlie. I didn't have the K&N on for looks it came with the truck and I left it on because I had heard good things about it (obviously they were wrong) I have a motor saver on my other truck and I like it on that one will purchase a new on for this truck as well.

k&n filters are junk these days. I work for an aftermarket performance company that distributes all different types of filters and K&N's are at the bottom of the list when it comes to filter efficiency. Their pleat design allows un even filtration, the oil has been known to damage sensors in 1:1 vehicles and air flow isnt the best in comparison to a lot of newer filter companies today, for instance AFE)advanced flow engineering). Charlie is right that a foam filter on a nitro 2 stroke is much better. The shear size of the particles they will filter are 10x better than any cotton and gauze filter as long as you keep the clean