finger over exhaust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroistop

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi, I have noticed when stopping my engine after first starting after having it out of the buggy to clean it, that it takes upto 10 seconds to stop it using this method. Also I notice a draft coming up from the engine head area which smells of exhaust. Is this normal after disconnecting the pressure line to the exhaust? After I have run the car at speed and stop it by finger over the pipe, it stops instantly..

damn, wrong section. someone please move this to the general section...sorry :(

Thread moved
Why are you disconnecting the pressure line?
When it's running, just plug the stinger. If you are smelling exhaust or you notice it takes that long to stop, you probably have a blown gasket on the manifold. Check that first. It's also robbing power.

Thanks Rolex. Just totally disconnected the engine when removing it to clean it and the engine bay area. somewhat easier than having pipes and echaust dangling. I did notice today though that my lsn was over rich probably contribuing to the long time to stop. Pinching the fuel line took ten seconds before it quit! Got that down to about 3 now with little increase in revs.

i had that problem turned out to be the glowplug not seated properly

Back