Finally done...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikko508

ROLEX SUPPORTER
Reaction score
Well i think I'm just about done putting this rig together.
Now i need a body for it, any one have any ideas?
20130111_200153.jpg

20130111_195843.jpg

It looks real good bro. Not sure on the lid though but it'll need a sick paint job to go along with it.

Looks real good! With that wing I'd say some kind of truggy body, will a truggy body fit on there though?

I would look for something that fits a revo,keep that low and tight look going,possibly the" jconcepts illusion" body,would compliment your rig nicely bro.

What diffs did you put in the bulks? Looks pretty close to mine actually. I am still running dual shocks though. FLM is some goood stuff, shiney...lol

Thanks guys, I've been looking at the truggy lids but i dont think they will fit. The pipe is to big and thd air filter sits up high, i would have to mount the air filter out side the body along with the pipe. I'll look in to it some more.

I was thinking of making a body out of rod and plexiglass, and give it that "mad max" look.

I have the stock diffs in it, for now :D

What bb header is that? I need one for my picco on my maxx.

What diffs did you put in the bulks? Looks pretty close to mine actually. I am still running dual shocks though. FLM is some goood stuff, shiney...lol

I called UE to ask about the shocks, as we were talking he asked me how much the truck weigh's, when i told him just 11lbs he couldnt belive it. Flm parts are strong and light. And shiney.

I have no idea what mines weights, I went with the 1/8 scale diffs in mine; used Ofna Spider 6 gear diffs. They will never shell I wouldn't think. I am still looking for better shocks on mine though. Probably end up doing some big bore truggy shocks or something.

I have no idea what mines weights, I went with the 1/8 scale diffs in mine; used Ofna Spider 6 gear diffs. They will never shell I wouldn't think. I am still looking for better shocks on mine though. Probably end up doing some big bore truggy shocks or something.

I buoght 2 sets of UE super max shocks from UE and only used 1 set, these shocks are by far the best working shocks i have used to date.

Yeah they look pretty good, I will swap mine to something better eventually....

I thought about buying a set for mine but webt with the hot racing big bores instead. Have not installed em yet. I have hot racing bulkheads and the shocks along with a spool for the rear diff a pull start and gpm shock towers all to install now. It all came in last week. Waiting on shock oil and also gonna order that ofna header and a picco pipe off ebay today. Looking forward to how she turns out when I'm done.

OH NO>>>>SPOOL!! That was the worst thing I ever did to my T-Maxx. That was my first shelled tranmission right there! Unless you are a puller or a rockcrawler spools are kiss of death.

Check this out. After 1 gallon.
IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0318.jpg

Stay away from the spool. Take frickenjoey's advice.

Well if not a spool i need to get a set of emaxx diffs and some diff locking grease. Main reason is the sideways launching it does off the line. I have been weary of spooling for reasons of transmission destruction. Anyone had any luck with this diff lock grease?
http://www.badhorsie.com/products/diff-lock-grease.html

I had the same problem, that's why I put the spool in. The only way I found to correct the problem is to setup your camber and your toe properly. Compress the suspension to the point that it's naturally compressed at takeoff. Set it up accordingly at that point.

Back