Finally a camera! (pics inside) Including mystery buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lykan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, I only have the XTM so far as nitro goes. But I thought I'd take a pic to show you my ride at least.

I also FINALLY got a decent picture of the mystery buggy. So those who helped me can take a look without trying to google eye through the blur.

xtm1.jpg

xtm2.jpg

xtm3.jpg

buggy1.jpg

buggy2.jpg

Lykan on your mystery buggy, I know I could be dead wrong here but that looks like a vintage RC10 of some sort. Could be somthing Kyosho too since the gold shock caps. I stil vote RC 10

I think It's a RC 10TQ I'm just about 100% positive

I had the RC10 and saw the RC10 TQ. the change was the lighter chassis not tub anymore.

So do you think it's a TQ lol.. I can get a good pic of the chassis if you need me to.

The give away for me was the white shock tower and the tires honestly. It was all a guess for me though. By the way that XTM truck looks nice. Think you should do a review on it since not a whole bunch of people here have one and you just got that new fuel and it now runs well. I'm interested in hearing.

it looks like there parts that were dyed. I dyed my car to be a big orange and red look. It was cool with the flame thing on the body . Lets see the chassis. the shock towers are a bit odd. ..RED? hmmm. I wish I kept mine but I got a mini cooper and dropped all the electrics in it. I got the austin powers look.. lol

Hheheh A mini , is it a fun one?

Here's some clear pics for you.

buggy3.jpg

buugy4.jpg

buggy5.jpg

buggy6.jpg

Ywah I am pretty sure that this a RC10TQ. That was the model that was popular for a while till the YZ10 came along. its competition was the Ultima and the JRx2. The original
Championship edition" was what I had.

Yeah the Mini was cool . I got a cop to clock me and my top speed was 32. Man that was quick for me. I had a TEKIN speed control that I hooked a fast motor to. it. Couldn't tell you what it was anymore. I traded it for a Team losi XXT-CR that I ended up selling a year ago.

Fun stuff. These electrics are great I charge up three batteries, and it keeps the boys busy until I get the nitro fired up and tuned for conditions ;)

Soon my boys are going to tune themselves, after I figure out whats going oon first of course :D

LOL my kid is 3 and I am wondering which I should start him off on. He likes my MGT too much so that gets me wondering.

Shocks, shock towers and motor mount guard and tranny look like RC10 to me. Just might be a TQ.:dumb:

RC10 front & back end including the wheels, i have the same shocks in my 1990 2wd electric Traxxas Hawk, the chassis and the shock towers look like optional parts and the body is also RC10.

I have 2 of those same buggies and these guys are correct....100% AE RC10....circa 1987....the TQ's nose was shaped a little different and the front of the chassis curved up more to protect it......

-Sag

Last edited:
Man its funny how the rear suspension has changed soo much, but the front shock towers look somewhat new age.

Definitly the RC10 with the lighter chassis. You can see the same parts on my RC10 in my pics on the other thread.

Ok , now that you guys have helped me with this, how about this?

Anyone know what the dial does? The one on the Traxxas charger ;)

charger.jpg

Looks like that allows you to choose the Amp rate for charging. Wow looks as old as my old Panda charger I got when I was racing my old RC10!!!

The power box is Really old and home mdae It's nice to have. That dial tho. I wish I knew what it was all about.

sick car dude that xtm x-cellerator, nice to see those around myy friend got one and its really nice..let me no how its running and what has broke so far ok later, sweet buggy too

Back