Fg side plate necessary?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello I have a FG monster truck, and I realised it has no side plates (FG6183 and 6184). Do they actually have a big function, like strengthening the chassis? Here is it's price and picture:

Screenshot_20230124_160802_Chrome.jpg

Hello I have a FG monster truck, and I realised it has no side plates (FG6183 and 6184). Do they actually have a big function, like strengthening the chassis? Here is it's price and picture:

View attachment 159051
I dont know that truck specifically, but, they use a similar style on the Arrma Fury and the HPI Jumpshot trucks, and, especially on the Fury, the sole purpose of the chassis plates is to strengthen the chassis and keep it from flexing, so, i would assume the plates for the truck you have would serve a similar function.

Yeah, those plates look like they would really stiffen things up. It would be nice if the rear was better triangulated, but I guess a little flex isn't going to hurt too much. It's just that the rear is where the engine/spur assembly is, and it would probably benefit from some stiffening there.

Back