Fg losing drive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldford

RC Newbie
Reaction score
After replacing every electrical item due to an electrical melt down I now have a drive problem. After blasting around for 20 mins or so the car gets slower and slower and u and u can hold the front with a finger and it won’t move as if the clutch is slipping ( which is knew) the engine revs but doesn’t move, if I let it cool down for a minute or 2 it will then drive and then lose drive again ,none of the shafts are slipping the clutch bell is static when revving the engine , if I remove the clutch bell and rev the engine with the clutch open it throws out as it should. Anyone got any ideas
Thanks in advance

What’s a slipper pad?

4BFFD644-6CA5-41B8-8356-C2C615485F5C.jpeg

Just took the clutch out and they are so shiny that I think someone has polished them, so do I just rough em up with some sand paper ? What’s the cause of that ?

That vehicle may or may not even have a slipper pad. Best bet is to consult the owners manual. Yes, you can clean the pads and inside of the clutch bell with some sandpaper, around 600 grit or so to de-glaze them.

I hope that you aren't running the engine with out the bell over the clutches ,it is dangerous!

The clutch shoes should have the fiber pads on them ,is there?

I ran it once to make sure the shoes were throwing out and yes there’s loads of fibre on pads as there pretty much new but as I said they have a nice polished shine on them so tonight I will ruff them up and see what happens

Well I ruffed up the clutch pads and the bell, it ran for about 20 mins and then lost drive again so I’m guessing the clutch pads have glazed up again, how can I stop this or is there something more going on that I don’t know about??

Well I ruffed up the clutch pads and the bell, it ran for about 20 mins and then lost drive again so I’m guessing the clutch pads have glazed up again, how can I stop this or is there something more going on that I don’t know about??

The engine ,does it admit oil residue onto the clutches ,an are the clutch shoes old?

The clutch pads maybe contaminated or petrified!

The engine ,does it admit oil residue onto the clutches ,an are the clutch shoes old?

The clutch pads maybe contaminated or petrified!
No there is no oil residue at all and the pads are not that old either

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 173