few questions about my maxx that I've been wondering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx4dawin

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok so I'm kinda new to the rc world I've had a couple bashers in the past few months so i understand how to work on them tune them and drive them but i also have a tmaxx that i have been building for a couple months it is a 4907 model rpm tur track in the rear and reg rpm arms up front stock axels and center shafts stock tranny and diffs it has trx dished 17mm 3.8 wheels and traxxas response tires ue shocks with integy red springs and 60wt shock oil picco.26 red dot spektrum s6030 steering servo spektrum s6070 throttle servo spektrum dx3s radio with sr3300t receiver techno wing kit with revo wing rpm bumpers and trx red aluminum turnbuckles... my issue is its not completely done yet and obviously not race season so i havent driven it yet... how do you guys think it will be on the track hard packed blue clay and is there any issues i am going to run into with this setup i tried to get the best of the best when building this thing I'm thinking about going with ball-x axels but i have no clue what i can get for center shafts because they all look pretty cheesy to me... any info would help thank you :first_place:

also how can i post pics of my pc

Last edited:
Well I've got the same rpm set up on mine with stock shocks for now. Also proline offset wheels and badland tires. The stance is much wider than stock and i run the picco .26 max. I have run on several tracks and realized the tmaxx isnt worth a crap as a track truck for me at all. It is a great basher for all other terrain. It hooks up fine on the track but just too difficult to control over jumps and around the corners. Maybe you will have better luck. I do plan on installing the UE supershocks and shock towers when i can afford it but i really dont think its gonna make as big a difference as I'm wanting it to.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Also i run dogbone center shafts

yeah thats the issue i am having i drove it on the track when it was all mostly stock and all it did was crash over jumps. i also have a losi ten t i drove on the track and the thing was nuts handled amazing and everything. i would really like to get into a losi 8eight-t 2.0 but the competition is so out of my leage it isnt funny

I'm no racer but I know the true track is crap for racing
You want to be able to adjust your to in and out for track types, whether it's a tight and twisty coarse or one with long stretches. Your camber and toe in will give you your biggest advantages..

thank you sir i will deff keep that in mind and if I'm having issues i will look into that area

Unless your racing another tmaxx your screwed. I have several tmaxx's and was just flabergasted when I hit a track. Tmaxx is a basher period.

Yep, I took my Tmaxx, Savage, and Revo to the track one day and didn't like it at all. They all hit the hills (jumps) and flip and are hard to steer in the corners. I then bought a couple of Ofna buggies and they both just rip around the track. Low center of gravity, tight turning, and great power ranges from an OS and Ofna engines. MT's are just not track racers.

You can make a Tmaxx a race rig. It just depends on how much your willing to spend. If you really want to set it up look at ebay there is a mutant racing truggy conversion on there for $200.00 I have run this setup in the past and it was awsome. It comes with the center diff same as a truggy would use. My buddy raced more than I. He bought my truck from me a few years back and did really well. Finally bent the chassis so bad it just was not fixable. :D

High Speed Low Drag:whhooo:

Back