Favorite hunt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flandersander

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Favorite hunt *warning trophy photos may be graphic*

Go ahead and tell us your favorite hunting story(s). Here's mine:

It was cold, Really cold, -40C which is -40F I believe, with a 25mph wind. We woke up early and found it too cold, so we went back to bed. We got up at 10:00am and logan REALLY wanted to go hunting, so we set off in the truck. We drove to a bush where there is always deer. Sure enough, there were 3, 2 does and a large body six point buck. He ran 15 yeard and beded down in a small bush, I put logan on the hill and I drove around to the other side. The buck stood up and I shot at a doe. I missed. The buck ran out 30 yards from logan where he put a .243 caliber copper wrapped lead core projectile right in his spine... Then in his chest... then in his neck... then in the spine again... Then he ran out of bullets. Needless to say, he wasn't going anywhere.
100_2125.jpg

The end result. Might I add its rack scored 164?

Last edited:
My favorite one was when i clipped a doe with my unit, bent the pushbars all to hell, then the thing tried to crawl away, so i capped it in the heart with a .45 from 10 feet. Then I called to the prison up the road, and had them send an inmate with the John Deere Gator, and pick her up, skin her, and had her processed by the time I booked in the guy that I was bringing in.

Great looking deer....is this his first Buck?

yep. His first deer altogether. That savage 243 is a great little gun for him.

When I'm killing wild pigs, thats my favorite hunt! I used to deer hunt a lot but I lost the taste for it, but for me nothings better than fresh wild pork!

Sounds like he had Great time but you might need to work with on not being to trigger happy LOL!!!! Nice Rack!!!

I've went hunting cougars at Wal-Mart before...:hehe:

Last edited by a moderator:
Somthing like that, but i wasn't going that fast, so it didnt SPLAT!!!

maybe the trick is to go faster. Then it will bounce off and be perfectly fine. I will have to try it. Quick question involving hunting, sorta. I'm refinishing my dads old cooey .22 and need a nice stain and finish. Can anybody reccomend any good ones. It has a nice stock that I think may be oak. I'm kinda going for a lighter finish because it was disguised as walnut before. The last stain and finish I used was for a muzzeloader, and that stuff went bad in the late 80's. That company is also out of buiseness.

Back