Favorite engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker76

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Tell me what you think is the best engine for the savage ,,,,and why???????

Best engine is the one you know how to tune and understand...
you can spend $400 and still have it running like crap....

Plus it also depends on the Savage...
Running bigger tires..
Aluminum...
gearing...
on-road..
off-road..
Fuel....
and most important.. THE DRIVER

I've ran many different engines on my Savage...
and tested on others

HPI 21bb
HPI S-25
OFNA Force 25
OFNA Force 26
OFNA Outlaw 26
Orion WASP 26
Hyper 21 8 Port
Sirio 27

I've recently had to put the 21bb back on my Savage..
I've never ran it before....
at first I was dissappointed...
but after tuning it ...
I was very impress...

The best engine for the Savage is the properly tuned one....

any engine will be good...

I personally love my WASP 26.... but out of all the engines this was the hardest to tune and have to run 30%...

I love the 21BB cause it was the easiest to tune... i mean easiest... always stays cool

I like the Force 25 better than the Force 26...

Last edited:
I too run the Wasp .26 and it is Awsome! It is the only one I have had since the stock .21 but it runs strong. Using the New era extended chassis and THS pipe. It is a lot of fun with this much power. It runs cool and Idles at a low rpm compared to my stock engine.

the .21 stock engine is the best :breakdown

i ran the .21 BB for awhile. after some major porting and polishing i thought she would scream until i picked up a XTM 24.7 pro. now shes a wheelie riding, dirt slingin machine :D. i havent had any other motors to compare but I'm happy with the XTM.

hey Markanthony what percent nitro fuel are you using?

I also love my Picco .26, it was a nightmare to tune in the beginning but after I got my fingers in the black LSN it has been on of the easiest engine to tune. It has tremendous power, you can get them relative cheap (especially on eBay) and with the upgraded/new oneway, you can use the roto start on it without fear for cracking the oneway.
(And with a McCoy MC-9 plug and 25 % nitro fuel it runs very cool and has a lot of spare power:))

Well I only have experience with the stock 21BB which isn't all together too bad. I just got mine all tuned and running right today. I was actually able to hear it shift into second for the first time today that frickin ruled. Newayz I will probably pick up something bigger when I am ready to. I have to work on brakes now my truck so doesn't like to stop. Late

skela, do you have a part number or a place where I could pick up the ugraded oneway bearing for the picco? Mine is starting to go bye bye.

They still god the same nr. (Picco # 8010) and the easiest way to se the difference is that the new one is painted black where the original was unpainted (just the raw steel)
And since that I live I Europe I got mine from http://www.308hobbies.com in UK. The cost around 16.5 $ + shipping and even though theirs stock status says “ordered on request” it only took them 2 days to get them and sent it to me when I ordered 4 in August
http://www.308hobbies.com/ProdDet1.asp?PLU=32976
But I’m sure you can find them in the US also

old one
8010-1o.jpg
8010-2o.jpg

new one
8010-1.jpg
8010-2.jpg

Last edited:
Jus2krazy2007
I am running 20% Blue thunder sport fuel and use a OS #8 plug.
so far, it runs like a champ. Went out and raced two T-maxes and I smoked em' both. And that is running it a little on the rich side. I try not to let it get over 230 degrees. Want it to last long time.

Back