fantom .27

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyson

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I pick up my fantom .27 and droped it in my savage and started the break-in. I will let everyone know after the break-in how she runs

please let us know,another thing do u know how is it compared to the picco .26?

Does anyone else have this new mill yet. I would like to know a good pipe for it.

pissant i can't wait, my friend has a picco .26 with the same setup like mine 14/52 gearing so we will see

Dude I am a big fantom Fan I have owned two of them so far and the fantom 27 is on my wishlist that would make three bad ass mills for my savage. LMK how it performs after break in. Take your time with it and don't rush it man. It will reward you later for doing so.

I have been thinking of a new mill for my ride and my LHS had a picco .26 164.99, P3 for 169.99 and they told me thurdays we will get the new Fantom .27 for 199.99 So i came back today for the .27 and i will take my time breaking it in.

Does anyone else have this new fantom .27 ?

no fantom makes it
its brand new

Does anyone have the new FANTOM .27 yet?

Over at savage central some of the guys have it but unfortunately you can't mount the rotostart on it unless you machine it. Fantom says they're revising the backplate so you will be able to mount it in the future.

My fantom .27 is done with the break in. I am going to race my friend who has a picco .26 with the same set up has me so this will be the real test, i will let you know.

Where can you get phantom online?

Just a little update on the Fantom .27 I raced my friend with his picco .26 and my Fantom .27 was faster from start to finsh, but most of the power was top end. The low end could have been better if i didnt have the stock tires they had no bite in dirt and grass the tries just did burn-outs my friend had bow-ties on with much better bite.

This Mill had so much power i think i broke something in the rear end the trucks front wheels only spun and not the back at all what could be wrong with the rear end?

have you done the 4 spider diff mod? if not then that is definatly what you broke...the stock S-25 can make the stock diffs give..let alone a engine that you say has more power than the picco .26! do a search for diff mod and youll find a whole lot of info.

I have not done the 4 spider diif mod , what will i need ?
Thanks alkyula

You'll need either ofna or kyosho slotted bevel shafts and another set of hpi bevel gears. I'd also use new diff cups and make sure that you use machine screws to secure the 43t ring to the cups or they'll back out. I learned this the hard way after doing the 4 spider mod only to have it happen less than a gallon later. The holes were ruined by the screws rocking back and forth in them. Also make sure that there isn't any play in your outdrives or your 13t pinion will skip across the 43t ring gear and ruin them.

I am looking to get this mill but want more on it. Can anyone tell me how they like it? I am planning on dropping it on my MBX5 since I am not racing.

Anybody?

Jon