Fantom .27 Need Input

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

Anyone else have a Fantom .27....I am having a bitch of a time getting mine started fro the first time......way too much compression.....
I am using the OFNA chrome starter box and it still wont turn it over while connected to a power supply...it will turn over when I loosen the plug but I have to llosen it sooooo much I 'm not sealed anymore....I'm afraid of doing something wrong here....I was told not to loosen the plug when its a turbo....anyone else hear this??? and can you explain why I can't do that....

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

I have a Wasp .28 and it had extremely high compression as well. I put on a roto start backplate and used a cord drill. Then it started. Also you could try heating the block to get it closer to running temps.

Yeah, i would have to agree with heating the block up, because that will expand the sleeve and decrease the pinch in turn making it easier to start.

yeah heating it up helped.....I'm put the engine to factory settings......it was messed w/ by someone B4 I bought it I guess cause it was 1.5 turns richer on the bottom screw.....anyone know if these like richer or leaner settings from factory? I know the O.S. engines are a little lean right out of the box.....

it rained Damn

I usually end up richening the OS's about 1/2 turn on the low speed needle....
but it rained today and I'm getting ready to go out tonite.....so I gave up for the day.....

plaidfish,
watch them smileys bro i hate to see you get banned the rule is 2-3

Last edited:
Oh sorry I was just in apissed mood about not being able to start this thing easily
ANyone ever hear that you can't loosen turbo plugs???? I'm still trying to find that one out....

Back