fantom 21/27s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UltegraSTI

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
need background on these things. i'm takin a good hard look at them 4 the price, reputation w/their small engines, price of rebuilds etc.

plz give any concise knowledge u have. appreciate it greatly. lookin at a .21 for the hyper.

-Ult

Well I have the Wasp .28, and from what I hear it is the same as the Fantom .27. If so, the FR .27 will be a kick ass engine! The Wasp is in my savage and the wheelies are incredible. This enigne has amazing power and an incredibly smooth power band. Very high reving too, 42,000 :)

I thought the Wasp was an good OFNA knock off brand........
I'm gonna be greaking in my Fantom .27 tonite.....make sure you research your flywheel and Clutchbell you wanna use before you buy...I spent the last 2 nights just shimming mine up right cause I got the OFNA 4-shoe Clutch setup....the shaft is not long enough to put the nessecary shims in so I had to get a butload of those racers edge filler type washers and make it fit....it feels awsome and I'm leaving work early today just to break it in........WHOO-HOOO

Plaidfish said:
I thought the Wasp was an good OFNA knock off brand........
It was with the .26 engines but with the .28 its different. The Peak Racing Diablo .28, the Wasp .28, and the Fantom .27 are all very similar engines. The blocks are exactly the same, at least from the outside lol. I'm not positive on this, but I'm pretty sure they are almost identical engines.

Cool I'll have to check that out....I change mills so frequently I may as well try the off brands too....I mean I pissed away money on that p2 for the T-maxx right?

Back