Family Chaos!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbnjzb

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So, my son is a little rough with my nephew. Not more than normal. My sister (his mom) calls my wife a few days before Xmas to tell us that they're not going to be able to see us again until my son (Daniel) changes! He's 3! She goes on to say she doesn't want her son tormented anymore because each time we hang out he asks her if Daniel is going to be nice to him or if he's going to hurt him. So, we cut them off totally. I would be ok never talking again. Always had a rocky relationship with her so for us it was kind of a relief. We're insulted. Now she tells my mom they want to see us so they can talk to us about how to discipline Daniel when he does anything to her son! (I thought you didn't want him around your son but now you can see us!). Contradiction! I'm ready to flip. I haven't spoken with her because things always end in an argument and she's always right. She told my other sister she would never apologize for that! Are my wife and I in the wrong?? It's just driving me crazy. What's anybody's take on this?

Thanks. (sorry no paragraphs.)

I hate to take the other side bro BUT if your kid is being a bully to their kid, I think you need to do something too with him. Thats sad that their kid is afraid of him when he comes over. Its cool that your kid is willing to be tough, that will help growing up, but its not good if he's the one starting problems. I mean nothing against your kid either, thats just the way I see it.

Agreed with Lloyd, if it doesn't change soon it could permanently scar their childhood together growing up.

Ok I see your guys sides but I see them and he's not bullying. I mean they are there every second when they play trying to adjust the situation! He plays perfectly fine with everybody else when we're not adjusting their every move like hawks. Yesterday we were with 2 other kids and for 6 hours they played fine. A little rough here and there but they're 3! I mean come on. But we weren't hawking over them.

Without seeing it in person it's just a guess at who's right, wrong or if there is anything wrong at all. I see and hear about situations like this a lot and 9 out of 10 times it's the parents that have a problem with each other and not the kids.

Without seeing it in person it's just a guess at who's right, wrong or if there is anything wrong at all. I see and hear about situations like this a lot and 9 out of 10 times it's the parents that have a problem with each other and not the kids.

There are underlying issues with my sister and us. Things that never get resolved because she can't admit when she's wrong. And we've let things go before and you could just tell there is weird walk on eggshell tension in the air. It sux.

Back