FailSafes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
As I've mentioned in a couple of posts, I had problem with losing control of my T-Maxx becuase my buddy's radio was on the same frequency. Does a failsafe help in that situation? I know they work for loss of signal or batteries dieing, but just wondering what happens when there are mutilple signals.

Why dont you just buy differnt crystals, its cheaper and will sovle your problem.

Bryson

Yes, I am aware of the crystals and I am going to get some different sets. I am just curious if a failsafe would help in this situation.

Just saying switch crystals no more problem. I have never used a failsafe, no need knock on wood. But I dont think it would do anything but read the problem and shut it down.

Bryson

Venoms seem to do the best with conflicting signals.

Bryson, a failsafe is insurance, it wont help,until you need it and you thank GOD you had it.......

Yes, Bryson, switching crystals will fix my problem HERE, but what about when I go to the track and some idiot whips out his rig and doesn't check the board to see if his channel is available, flips on his radio to start his rig and happens to be on my channel? That's where I want a failsafe to work

Thanks for the replies fellas, I appreciate the help!
Randy

Failsafes should help with radio interference, too. So if someone pops onto your freq, it should lock down your truck. Might want to test it to be sure, but it's my understanding that they should work with loss of signal, low batteries and frequency hits.

for the cost of these toys you'd think spending anothe 150 for a entry level digital radio would be sound advice......I had a few bad experiences with those OFNA mico fail safes.....I went digital and it solves all the ID10T user errors at the track....

for the cost of these toys you'd think spending anothe 150 for a entry level digital radio would be sound advice......I had a few bad experiences with those OFNA mico fail safes.....I went digital and it solves all the ID10T user errors at the track....

Sound advice, yes, but $150 for a radio aint gonna happen on my budget!

Back