failsafes rule

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_Fletcher

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi guys and girls just wanted to say that fail safes rule, i bought one yesturday and today when i was out bashing my batteries fell out of my transmitter and i thought OH NO :eek: ! but then i remembered that i had a failsafe :D, my maxx instantly stopped What a wicked invention

Dave

I need to get one of those:banana:

Dave, which one did you get? I'm looking at the XTM.

i got one which is basically a clone of the xtm one but 1000 times cheaper and it works just aswell

Dave:banana:

What brand is it? Think it's available in the States? Or is it a UK product?

Cheaper?

1000 times CHEAPER? Man they're only $24.00 over here to begin with....

I've got one in EACH of my Nitro R/C's...I'd NEVER run without one, ever again.

I have been running the MPI, which are a little pricey. Guess Ill check out the XTM next time around.

I strongly recommend having a 5 cell hump though if your using a failsafe. Regular batteries can falsely trigger them.

Just my half cent and a beer!

-Chris
:bandit:

hi guys I've found one online at last
4006.jpg

its the orange one, and here is a little bit of info about it,

Dave:banana: :banana:

Looks cool. Unfortunately I didn't find any US info on it. Doesn't look like it's carried over here. Most of the sites with info is in Europe and Asia.

Looks like I'll go with the XTM. $19 at littleshopofhobbies.com

That GWS is the EXACT same thing as the MPI I have. The guy at the LHS was telling me that they are made by the same manufacturer, just different suppliers slapping labels on them.

I wonder who makes the most inexpensive one??? Or should I say "Who distributes the same thing for the least cost?"

The MPI/GWS failsafe is supposedly the same electronics that are in the Futaba failsafes, as per the LHS.

i too have the FS-1 on my three T`s and they are great value for money and work fine.£15 or just over $21.00 in your money.

I have a KO Propo Failsafe as i have all Ko Propo radio gear.

It cost me £40 and that was after the discount that i got.

Dave

discount...you must have good contacts ;)

Originally posted by Dave_Fletcher
hi guys and girls just wanted to say that fail safes rule, i bought one yesturday and today when i was out bashing my batteries fell out of my transmitter and i thought OH NO :eek: ! but then i remembered that i had a failsafe :D, my maxx instantly stopped What a wicked invention

Dave

Back