Failsafe went bad

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage2k

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So the failsafe I got a couple weeks ago went bad, it kept randomly stopping my truck. It was a cheap brand. Am I better off getting a new failsafe, or do you guys think I should save up a bit and get a new transmitter/receiver that has a failsafe built in? I currently have the stock 27mhz AM remote. If there is a reasonably priced FM setup with built in failsafe then I think I'd rather do that.

personaly i would go with a 2.4 ghz setup i think traxxas link is fairly cheep

personaly i would go with a 2.4 ghz setup i think traxxas link is fairly cheep

thats what i was thinking about, but i wasn't sure if it had built in fail safe

it has a built in failsafe but you should have another failsafe on it to ...if you dont have the optidrive on it , you wont have any safety in case of low batteries ...i learned that when i took my optidrive off ...the traxxas link built in failsafe will just work for signal loss and put the servo to neutral

i had a failsafe do the same exact thing. the solution... recalibrated the voltage cutoff.

The OptiDrive isn't really a failsafe. It is in there to prevent shifting from forward to reverse while moving. A proper failsafe is a must as is a properly adjusted throttle return spring.

The OptiDrive isn't really a failsafe. It is in there to prevent shifting from forward to reverse while moving. A proper failsafe is a must as is a properly adjusted throttle return spring.

well on page 11 to 13 of the revo manual , it does say that the optidrive has a failsafe...and i know by experience that it does act as a failsafe.....it will detect low voltage and put the throttle to neutral ...and also the same for signal loss

Last edited: