Failsafe problems with new reciever

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberduck16

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all

New to the forums and hoping someone can help. I have a savage ss 4.6 big block great bit of kit and had it now for about a year. I decided to buy a reverse gear for it and installed this fine but due to that i had to buy a new receiver and transmitter to handle the 3rd channel. So i went with the rf-10 receiver and tf-10 transmitter and also a new set of fm crystals to go with them. Thats when it started to go pear shaped! I got it all installed and the reverse is working great the issue I'm having is that the failsafe is randomly kicking in and its more often then not which is making the car unusable. As the failsafe is built in to the receiver i can't just disable it (which would be a lot easier!) so i really can't pin point the issue. things i have tried are : new batteries in both handset and car. new battery box on car. removing the inline switch and still every time i take it out after only a few minuets of driving it it will kick in the brakes. there doesent seem to be a way to set the failsafe only adjust it and i can't find any info on the receiver so really am lost Any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks in advace

Are you using 4 AA batteries or a receiver pack?

hi I'm using 4x aa batteries

Being that it's new I will assume the equipment is in good condition so you might want to try a receiver pack. If you're dead set on sticking with the 4aa batteries tape them into the holder in every direction to make sure they are not loosing contact while bouncing around....I strongly suggest a good reciever pack!