Ez Start help.. no so ez for me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenRevo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Sorry for Bringing up a post that been posted many times, I've been reading 100s. none have really lead me to a solution to my issue.

Got myself Revo 3.3 used not even a week ago. NOOB to nitro is a understatement, less then a week in.

I Love it...Just the tear down and rebuild..(everything but motor and tranny) can't Imagine what I feel when I actually get her running.

My problem is starting, does nothing. not a sound..
Wand lights up motor off the truck, when placed in truck, NO LIGHTS. nothing

all batteries are fully charged.

I replaced the following,
Wand with new 1800mah battery, Glo-Plug, Glo-Plug Ignitor, Starter motor, wiring harness and gears for the starter box (not installed after inspection other were mint)

OWB and shaft seem to be fine. didn't realize maybe issue till later on with more research. other wise would have got them too.. but did clean them with fuel

at this point I don't understand everything is wired tight and NEW. including the wand..
I was told to stick with Ez start over a pull start.. and now I've invest into it.. I need to figure this out.

I apologies again for OLD problems brought alight, and appreciate all help.

NoobGreen

Do you have the yellow wire on a good ground?

The yellow wire is not needed to turn the easy start. Thats only a ground for the glow plug. if your red and black wire on your cheesy start are hooked up right the easy start should at least turn. The easy start may be burnt up. It would be a good idea to IMO upgrade to a pull start.

Yea I've striped it down half dozen times now.. wiring is all good. grounded on the block

I get nothing even with the Glo plug ignitor. glo plug is lighting up,also tried new one GPlug.

I'm lost..

i know this seems like a dumb ? but is your red and black wire hooked up right try switching them bc if they arnt on the right plug on the ez start it wont turn over or anything.

Well they are Red dot with + on red wire.. black on unmarked..
well just got off the phone with local hobby shop, 23$ for pull start, if that what takes to get me up and running, then I guess i'll cut my loses and go that way.

but still like to figure this issue out, really can't make sence of it..
I will continue working on it, but for now See if pull start will get me up and running.

Thanks for help, ill keep ya posted

green

if the ez start motor doesn't even twitch when you hit the button,good battery in your wand, and your wiring is good.. burnt ez start motor($15-$16 bucks)

just installed new motor, but I did not try just the motor, with out the starter gear box.

I will attempt that now.
while I'm waiting on wife to get home with car.. lol few hours to kill..

can't believe I didn't test motor like that, days ago.. lol
Good call.

Green

My problem is starting, does nothing. not a sound..
Wand lights up motor off the truck, when placed in truck, NO LIGHTS. nothing

Forget the lights on the wand...The motor works when it's not in the truck?

Check the wand, sometimes the femal plugs in the wand get pushed in and don't make good contact with the male plugs in the harness.

Last edited:
ok Motor off the truck I hear for a Mila second it try to start even feel little torque & just a brief click. not very loud. then stops.
does the same for both motors, new & old. with gear box on & off.
Leads me to the Wand, but tis Wand is responding the same as the wand I received with the Revo.
But really could I have gotten a Dud. it OEM Traxxs from my local hobby store?

well I'm install pull start as of NOW.. got two complete (minus the gear box) Ez starts setups that wont start..

I will let you guys know if I find the solution.. probably something so small..

My first nirto, and have none of my buddies into it, so I'm starting off on a solo adventure.. lmao just moved out side the city, like RC truck paradise.

Thanks again :)

I had a couple of ez start motors do the same with me before i got sick of them and went pullstart and hot shot 2 glow stick. Never looked back till now. I just bought two tiger drives for two of my rigs. One for the LRP Z.28 spec 3 i built for my race truggy and the other for my picco .26 max on my tmaxx. Same drill used to start both rigs now and before long I'm gonna get another for the ofna force .28 on my buggy as well. Although i may eventually buy a bump box for my racer but for now I'm liking these tiger drives. I still have two working ez start setups and wiring harnesses and one wand in a box. Only thing i plan to use is the two battery packs for a bump box when i buy it.

wow trucks galore.. I just got the one.. in time maybe but prices are kinda over whelming lol

got the pull start IN and got it to turn over, but no luck in keeping her running. runs for 2 to 5 seconds then quits.

whole new ball game now.. set it up to factory setting, 4 turns and flush idle screw.

i'll keep plugging away at it. :)

Good choice on getting rid of the easy start. It was the best thing I ever did. Went pull start and glow plug stick. Keep playing andread up on some of the posts on the site. Tons of info from really good people.

Your right, lots great info and friendly people. one the best sites I've been to :)

Just got truck out after week of soild RAIN, She working Okay, noo real power off the line, but very quick and handles like a dream, From what I've read it is the slipper clutch, but I have it pretty snug, but also I've had grease and oils all over the truck.. seem to get better after 1/2 tank.. got the REVO used and abused, it was a MESS when I got her..

I'm going to play with the TUNE tonight, in hope to get some launch power, maybe even a wheelie.

Tuning is way more tricky then I ever imagined. I almost threw in the towel..

Reading here what keep me in the game :) THANKS ALL

Last edited: