Extreme Flight Edge 540T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottm

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am all pumped up on flying again because of some success with my electric Live Wire. It is working great and reminds me that I miss my nitro plane. I also have a Funtana S40, but it has some bad flight characteristics. I started a thread about it on RCU here and learned about Extreme Flight models.

I am going to order their Edge 540T ARF kit today. Check this baby out and watch the video.:w00t:

Extreme Flight

Last edited:
That is nothing short of insane

Yeah, that inverted harrier tail touch is awesome.

My kit arrived yesterday and it is beautiful.

How much is it going to cost all said and done?

If you dont mind me asking.

The ARF kit was 160 with shipping. I had the engine and radio stuff already, but the Saito 72 is about 230 and the servos/rx/battery is probably around 200. So I'd guess about $600 total, not counting transmitter.

cool and good luck and have fun

Here it is, complete and pre-crash!

1038edge1-med.JPG

It weighs 4.63 pounds complete but no fuel, a full pound lighter than my other plane, a Funtana S40. It should be fun....

I flew it for the first time yesterday. The first flight it was going around fine, then I throttled back and the engine stalled. I had to ditch in the desert, but it landed in a relatively soft bush and was unharmed. Very lucky! It flies awesome, rockets straight up like the space shuttle.

My first 4 flights all ended in a crash! The 4th was pretty bad. I was playing with aileron trim while flying and I turned the trim pot too far. It started into a shallow dive, and I didn't realize I couldn't pull out until it was too late. It hit hard and broke the fusalage just behind the wing. I fixed it with a single layer of fiberglass. It is stronger now than it was, but 1.5 oz heavier and a bit uglier! I have since flown it 6-7 times with no more trouble.

Back