Extended chassis suspension/body upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake_TMAXX

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi everybody. I have an extended chassis on my t maxx. I was thinking about doing new a arms and body. I was just wondering if I needed any different parts for suspension or if I need a custom body beings it is a longer truck. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

unless your truck was a pro .15 originally or a very early 2.5 it already has wide arms.
if it was a 2.5 you can upgrade the driveshafts ,tierods and knuckles to 3.3 spec very easily with parts from an ebay chopshop.
if you do upgrade the knuckles make sure you get the e revo/e maxx brushless ones as they have the metal rings pressed in to stop the pillow balls poping out in a stack

If you could be more specific on the chassis it would help us,..also post up some pics so we can identify this maxx for you, sure we can tell you some things about it

Hi everybody. I have an extended chassis on my t maxx. I was thinking about doing new a arms and body. I was just wondering if I needed any different parts for suspension or if I need a custom body beings it is a longer truck. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

If indeed you have the extended chassis (4907) you already have the wide a arms, larger axles and knuckles. If your breaking the arms and getting tired of replacing them... upgrade to the RPM arms. No custom body necessary, just get a new 3.3 extended (4907) body. If you want to be a little creative get the 4921X ProGraphix Body. It has the stripes already in/on the clear lexan. Just pick a lexan safe paint and your done.

4921X ProGraphix Body shot with Pactra Lime Ice under Pactra Indy Silver as a backer coat.

IMG_0272_zps9d05c307.jpg

IMG_0279_zpsb9100cdb.jpg

IMG_1195_zps829d0ae7.jpg

IMG_1193_zpsdaf08364.jpg

Thank you all for the input. It does have the wider A-Arms. I was just looking to upgrade them to aluminum parts with a possibility of adding spacers. Any recommendation brands? Also I could use a good reference to a good site for bodies. I have a 2004 duramax pulling truck and I would like to model it after that. I will post some pictures soon

Check out prolineracing for bodies/wheel tire

STAY far AWAY from any aluminum arm!

Stay away from anything with the integy name as well
If your breaking a arms go with rpm omes, you can toss in a set of aluminum bulks but unless you buy a good set it would be pointless,....best thing is use it and upgrade what your having issues with

. I have a 2004 duramax pulling truck and I would like to model it after that. I will post some pictures soon

Yeah post some pics of the maxx.

Chevy or GMC?

I've been looking for one of these to do myself. I have a 2000 GMC with the Denali front end conversion.

We're kind of stuck in the middle with that GM body style and the t-maxx extended chassis.

PAR1226 (Parma) 2003 Silverado is 1/8 scale and a little long (still may work) but will cover bumpers.

3230-00 (Proline) 2007 Silverado fits perfect but wrong year/body style.

PAR10161 (Parma) 1999 Silverado to short fits the standard T-Maxx (4910)

My GMC

new_zps7f815b16.jpg

thanks rob. does RPM make metal arms or are they still plastic? What is wrong with the aluminum ones and integy products? just curious.

Thank you both for the body info

thanks rob. does RPM make metal arms or are they still plastic? What is wrong with the aluminum ones and integy products? just curious.

Thank you both for the body info

RPM makes only plastic arms & products.

The problem with most aluminum arms is they bend & stay bent, then they have to be replaced, where plastic arms will flex and mostly go right back into shape.

The MAJOR problem with 99% of integy products is they are cast aluminum which is then cleaned up in a CNC mill, giving it the look of a
quality Machined Solid Billet product but without the time intensive machining it takes to make said part out of a solid chunk(Billet) of quality aluminum.

There is little to no Quality control or strength of the cast product.

If your lucky you get one that holds up, if not it bends like a hot stick of butter left next to the hot stove.

Integy's warranty says it all, they only warranty their products till you install it onto your truck, by installing it you void the supposed warranty.

So lets say you get their combo bulks, and the first time you have a good hard cartwheel you bend the tower tabs, your only recourse is to buy
another set, as they do not stand behind anything they sell.

I have little enough cash to spend on my hobby, and the MFG better stand behind their product or they will never see a dime of my money.

I do not expect things to hold up to massive abuse but I have seen some of integy's great looking parts not even hold up to the abuse the stock plastic's shrugged off with no problem.

well I'm glad you guys told me that because I was actually looking into the integy aluminum chassis kit. I'll be sure to stay away from it. thanks guys. Does RPM make good shock towers? I just snapped my stock one last night.

I personally am a big fan of the rpm stuff, with that being said..I would go with a set of flm towers man