Exposed Wire

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stbob

WWJD
Reaction score
A minuscule spot of insulation on one of the mini revo motor wires is damaged. I covered the exposed wire with a dab of shoe goo. Within seconds the shoe goo has dried and seems good to go. Does anyone know if shoe goo will return to its gooey state if and when the wire warms up...?
wire02rs.jpg

wire01rs.jpg

if it was mine id pull that wire connection apart and slide some heat shrink tubing on maybe even 2 pieces on each damaged wire. shoe go will not return from its dried solid state.

Was that a slice, or heat related issue? If I had liquid electrical tape, I'd use that in conjunction with heat shrink tubing. Use whatever you got handy.

if it was mine id pull that wire connection apart and slide some heat shrink tubing on maybe even 2 pieces on each damaged wire. shoe go will not return from its dried solid state.
i think the diameter of the shrink tube needed to slide over the connector might be to large for the wire and not really wanting to totally remove connector and risk having to shorten an already short length of wire if i don't have to.
Was that a slice, or heat related issue? If I had liquid electrical tape, I'd use that in conjunction with heat shrink tubing. Use whatever you got handy.
Looks to me like because the wire is so short, the bend to reach the esc is putting a lot of tension on the wire. In theory i suppose the wire might be expanding and contracting from heat but the main culprit is the wire is too short. I can see the wire next to it looks like its ready to split open too. Less than 20 minutes after i noticed the exposed copper, i slammed it into a curb (unintentionally) and busted the chassis, will order some connectors, shrink tube and some liquid rubber when i order a new chassis... :hehe:
mini-erevo-riprs.jpg

Ouch, nothing like a busted chassis to motivate you to do other maintenance you've been putting off. 🤣

Back