Exhaust recomendation

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elwood34

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a Savage 25 with a Losi 454 that I am looking to milk a little more performance out of, I am thinking of buying the turbo head conversion and maybe changing the pipe. My current pipe is the stock HPI ribbed pipe. Is there a pipe some of you could recommend to me that would boost performance over the pipe I have now? Is the turbo head conversion worth the time and money or is it even a noticeable improvement?

Ofna 086,dynamite 086, a reedy 2013, and a ercm pipe are all good pipes from what I was told. As for the turbo button it will not do enough to be noticeable. Yes with a turbo button it will burn the fuel a little cleaner. The reason that I know this about the turbo head and reg head is from robin from ercm that I'm having him do a 28 picco boost for me but putting the reg button head from the p3 28 picco.

+1 for the above mentioned pipes......can not beat the ercm pipes

Thanks guys!

Looks at the Macs pipe as well. The ERCM was modled after the Macs. The Macs is aluminum not hand made SS, but its $40 not $120.

Looks at the Macs pipe as well. The ERCM was modled after the Macs. The Macs is aluminum not hand made SS, but its $40 not $120.

I thought that the MAC pipe resembled the ECRM pipe a lot. Do you know how the MAC pipe performs compared to the ECRM?

I'm still running the F4.6 and recently tested 086, 053, 2013, 2058, and RE11. I like the 053 best for that engine.

Regarding turbo head conversion....I know two people that did it and they both said they did not notice a thing. Both converted 350's.... that's all I know about it. I was considering it back when my son was racing with a 350 but decided not to after hearing that (and actually seeing one of them at our track).

I can attest that a new pipe will increase performance. Remember the 086 is a high-speed pipe so not sure specifically what you are looking for out of a pipe. If you want grunt get a torque pipe like the 2013 or 053, etc.

Last edited:
I thought that the MAC pipe resembled the ECRM pipe a lot. Do you know how the MAC pipe performs compared to the ECRM?

I for some reason thought they were marine and aircraft pipes mostly..?

I for some reason thought they were marine and aircraft pipes mostly..?

All I know is back in the day they made a direct replacement pipe for the #4910 maxx truck. I only seen one run seemed to crank good power and loud very loud.

They perform the same. You cut it to length and add a pressure nipple.

Robin used to run the macs for years before he started making his own.

So one for the .40_.60 size engines would be the one to cut down?

There a thread on savage central with part# and measurements. I think its on hpisavageforum as well. Ill get the link.

I wont ever use anything but Extreme RC Mods pipes when I upgrade my other MTs! I run one on my 3.3 MAXX and the power gains are insane, amd I am comparing it to Traxxas's 'tuned' pipes!... Not only that but the sound these pipes produce is borderline ear blowing, they are so so loud amd fierce that WILL cancel anyone near you talking or just average noises your hearing prior to startup!

Those arent scratches on it either, its custom engraving with the forum name, my forum name and item info.

Awesome quality, prices and customer satisfaction!!
4emarage.jpg

That is very interesting. Have you tried one out (or no many people that have)? I might try one of those. Thanks for posting it

I ran one on my old menace. It was the same. I used to get the ERCM pipes for $75 so I only ran one Macs. Robin has a ton of video of him running this pipe.

I know Micey (mod at HPISF) is still running one. A few other guys on the other Savage sites. Everybody likes them. Robins pipe is the spitting image. His is just hand made Stainless not stamped aluminum.

On many conversations he told me that nobody would listen to him and try this pipe, but when he made his version, people loved it. Go figure.

I think its because the Macs takes a little bit of work. Also would need some rubbing with polish to shine like the ERCM.

That is very interesting. Have you tried one out (or no many people that have)? I might try one of those. Thanks for posting it

Yah might even make that slug of a Savage perform half decent NN! LOL Kidding kidding! But hey if it works maybe those slug LRP's would perform at least half decent with one LOL!