Exhaust question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou0069

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi I changed my side exhaust for a double back exhaust . The 2 exhaust pipe align at the back plastic ( as seen on pic ) its ruffly 1/2 an inch from the plastic . What can I do to raise or lower the back end so it doesn't align ? I'm guessing if I leave as is it'll melt no ? Thanks

20190822_182954.jpg
20190822_182946.jpg

Hi I changed my side exhausr for a double back exhaust . The 2 exhaust pipe align at the back plastic ( as seen on pic ) its ruffly 1/2 an inch from the plastic . What can I do to raise or lower the back end so it doesn't align ? I'm guessing if I leave as is itll melt no ? Thanks

My guess ,is to try to modify the bumper or try to find a aftermarket bumper that is in different shape in that
spot ,that is a cool looking exhaust though!....:thumbs-up:

My guess ,is to try to modify the bumper or try to find a aftermarket bumper that is in different shape in that
spot ,that is a cool looking exhaust though!....:thumbs-up:
Thx did exactly that . Modified . I was asking incase there was another part I could buy to make it lower or higher .. havnt really broken the baja yet except for a rim once so I'm still kinda new to these parts lol.

Thx did exactly that . Modified . I was asking incase there was another part I could buy to make it lower or higher .. havnt really broken the baja yet except for a rim once so I'm still kinda new to these parts lol.

LOL....5th scale is a whole different ball game ,parts are frekin expensive ,I been working on mine ,however ,I prefer
to make most of my parts ,I have th old KM Baja!

Hi I changed my side exhaust for a double back exhaust . The 2 exhaust pipe align at the back plastic ( as seen on pic ) its ruffly 1/2 an inch from the plastic . What can I do to raise or lower the back end so it doesn't align ? I'm guessing if I leave as is it'll melt no ? Thanks

View attachment 119582View attachment 119584

Very cool exhaust, where did you get it? I'm looking to mod my Baja 5R Mustang to get the exhaust out the back, like a real Mustang

Very cool exhaust, where did you get it? I'm looking to mod my Baja 5R Mustang to get the exhaust out the back, like a real Mustang

That is the stock exhaust that I believe came on an HPI Baja ,it is very cheap to buy ,in fact ,I seen one on E-bay not too long
ago for 29.00 bucks brand new!

I had bought mine used several years ago as my Rovan Baja came with a canister style muffler!...:cool:

Oh ,I am sorry ,I just seen that you was talking about the other persons pipe ,an again ,I seen that one on E-bay too .
but more costly!....:cool:

Got it on ebay for 109$ cad.. I dunno how the mustang engine looks but these mufflers are pretty high off the ground. They sound great too. N I didnt even no there was mustang baja I hafe to google it n they look sick. Might need to get me one once I'm done with my 5t lol

Cool. I went with the JetPro Track Pipe. I'll post some pics once I get it.

Good luck finding one of these 5R's in the USA. I think I found one of the last ones for sale. There was one on ebay, used and he wanted full price. I found one in a hobby store and it was his last one. I did find a few in Australia, but they won't ship to the USA.

Here is the link to HPI's website re the 5R https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/115123

It's my understanding that HPI released this model around 2015, but then shortly after that they got into trouble and sold the company.

HPI never did release a Mustang body that could be purchased by itself. I think that was the plan, but things went south before that happened. This makes these kits very hard to find and space parts ares also limited. It would be cool if they ever do release the body, I would love to have a backup. I think to convert a 5B or 5T, it looks like they used different wheels and tires, and also different shocks and body post mounts. I do not see any other differences. The 5R sits very low to the ground, as expected for On-Road.

I reached out to HPI recently and asked them when they will be back. Below is what they told me. It is a nice detailed update and background on what is happening, so I'll share here for anyone that is interested in reading it. Take note that he says he's not sure when the 5R will return to production. :(

Thank you for contacting HPI Racing. Thank you for your patience. We apologise for the delay in replying.

We can outline below the major changes HPI Racing as a brand has gone through and our challenges moving forward. All our work is with the aim of making HPI Racing a sustainable and reliable business with the focus on the long term future of the brand and its customers.

On April 1st 2019 HPI Racing Ltd entered Administration in the UK. HPI Racing Ltd was the trading and logistics company within the HPI Racing brand. Later HPI Racing Holdings Ltd also entered Administration allowing the sale of the HPI Racing brand as a whole.

On August 1st 2019 the HPI Racing brand changed ownership and the major shareholders are now the Scandinavian based Vestergaard Group. Vestergaard have 50+ years of expertise and investment in the hobby industry as a major distributor in the Scandinavian region. As HPI Racing's Distributor for this region at the time, they are already familiar with the brand and are ready to revitalise HPI Racing, capitalise on the Vestergaard Groups great heritage and push the brand forward.

Speaking from Vestergaard Group's Danish HQ, the new owner announced a new era for HPI Racing with a stable supply chain and excellent customer service.
“We are looking very much forward to rebuilding the HPI Racing and Maverick brands together with you. The brands will be putting existing customer's needs first. Every HPI Racing product owner around the world has made an investment in HPI Racing. It's important we remember that and do all we can to ensure they have years of enjoyment from it. We can assure you that there is a bright and sustainable future planned for HPI Racing, with both innovation and parts supply at the core”.

The rebuilding process is very different from the previous times the HPI Racing brand has changed ownership. It is a completely new start up. No systems, staff or internal logistics were transferred in the sale which has meant that HPI Racing, as a company and as a brand, is truly rebuilding from the ground up. Over the last 2 months HPI Racing and Vestergaard have worked hand in hand to start that rebuilding process.

Vestergaard has invested in a group of experienced HPI Racing staff with over 110 years of combined HPI Racing service and over 170 years combined RC experience and they have setup HPI Racing A/S Ltd, based in Derbyshire, UK. HPI Racing A/S Ltd will initially handle the sales, marketing, purchasing, R&D and management of HPI Racing. We are now a small compact team and are still working through exactly how we handle other aspects of the business.

Existing stock and body production machinery in the UK has been transferred to Vestergaard Groups extensive distribution warehouse in Viborg, Denmark. The Vestergaard Group will handle all logistics for HPI Racing and Viborg will be its new central warehouse location.

HPI Design has been incorporated into HPI Racing A/S Ltd in the UK.

The existing HPI Manufacturing business in China was purchased. HPI Manufacturing will continue to manufacture the same HPI Racing products, with the same great staff overseeing the management and QC to keep the same level of specification we expect in HPI Racing products.

New systems are being put in place at all levels, supply channels are being re-established, Taiwan manufacturing is being restarted, body production in Viborg is being setup. Negotiations with 100's of suppliers and sub vendors are progressing, Licencing agreements are being renegotiated and renewed, other problematic parts are being totally resourced where necessary. In short, 33 years' worth of product, traditions, processes and ways of working are all being evaluated, in order to determine what we need to continue with and where we need to move forwards with new ideas.

The above is a major step in the right direction but is only the very tip of the iceberg we are building. There is lots of work ahead of us - and the fact is that we are not quite ready yet…. We could string people along with empty promises and false dawns, but people are tired of that… and so are we. It’s time to tell it how it is, and we’re not going to start shouting about HPI again until we’re ready to start the most important agenda – getting spare parts into the hands of HPI customers. We want to be able to back up the fact that when we say "we are fully open for business" we have good supply, not just for our Distributors and Retail Partners first orders but so that we can improve availability for every order after that.

All of this hard work is with a view to get the current range of HPI Racing products flowing into the hands of our Distributors and their customers as quickly as possible including, and most importantly, spare parts for those existing HPI Racing customers who need them. We are not going to be able to produce every part and every car that we want to manufacture and have them all on the market for everyone straight away, it's just not possible right now.

We have Distributors for 46 countries signed up to take the HPI Racing product as soon as it becomes available. We are looking for further Distributors in areas not currently covered. We have just under 70% coverage on chassis spare parts for current models at the Viborg Distribution Centre right now. We already have product shipping from a number of factories to Viborg and directly to Distributors in USA, Australia and Asia. We want the availability figure to be in the high 90's as quickly as possible, and with the correct processes and supply chain in place this figure will get better.

We are building a future for HPI Racing and we aren't going to get everything right straight out of the gates.

The Baja 5R is a chassis made in Taiwan. Because of the above and the difficulties of manufacturing in Taiwan currently I don’t have an exact date for the chassis to return to production. We will need to evaluate it and the other chassis made in Taiwan in further detail before any decision is made.

The HPI Racing and Maverick ranges will continue to be sold in our domestic regions including the UK, Germany, and Scandinavia. We are currently setting up our systems to handle the retailers who have registered for new accounts in these areas. We are hopeful we can start shipping to them shortly.