Exhaust gasket

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuDrift

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all,

Just wanna ask you what I can use to make an exhaust gasket?
Currently being a student, I try and save as much as possible therefore cannot waste money on my RC but I want to get it fixed.

Thank you.

You could buy some gasket paper from the autoparts store but by the time you pay for the paper and take the time to make them, you'll be more ahead with buying this instead:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX3421&P=0

For the 2 bucks online before shipping or going to your LHS you're more ahead this way. Hope this helps, Steve.

^ that, or just take your rig to an auto supply place and they would probably be more than happy to help you find some material for real cheap probably the same price as in that link but you would get it same day. just depends on if you wanna wait or not.

good luck

you can use a coca cola box like a 12 pack of cokes come in. I had a dune buggy and I couldn't find a gasket no where for the head so I used a coca cola's 24 pack of coke box cut it out and used it and it worked like a champ. I know it sounds crazy but the card board used on coke boxes is the same thickness as a paper gasket but a little tougher and it works I promise. I had that dune buggy for another year or so and never had a drop of oil leak around the head and I didn't use any gasket sealer with the gasket I made either cause I didn't have any. Give it a try i think you will be surprised.

i use the cardboard trick only i use gasket sealer with it also

I would have but I didn't have any and I was trying to get it going for a ride the next day and it was like 12 at night. I called all my buddies and nobody had a gasket for it so I made my own. I did it planning on it being a temp fix just to get me through the ride and it ended up being permanent cause it never leaked again. I was like no way lol. Who ever tore the engine down prob was like what a coca cola box for a gasket lol.

hahhaha i use it to often for gaskets lol

but hey it works good!

:D Thats what I was looking for, thank you for advice:)

Back