Exhaust Deflector

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just wanna know ... cuz iv got no clue

Last edited:
i take it its the little tube coming off the exhaust

---------- Post added at 2:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:35 AM ----------

its 2cm long at the longest side

i have used a deflector, found it kinda tamed my buggy a bit, got hotter too so i assume it made more back pressure with the deflector fitted. the stinger length plays a part in the overall performance/running of a 2 stroke engine.....so if the stinger is to be made longer, it must be made thicker in diameter imo.

ok thaanks but what size do i need ?

I use car fuel line for my truck, Its the same width as my stinger and doesn't effect flow what so ever.

DSC_0002_zps40f2462a.jpg

no...not pretty but it really keeps the truck alot cleaner than without it.. honestly... if its hard to find out the exact size.. take your pipe off and to an auto shop and tell them you need a rubber hose to fit to this I'm sure they would be glad to help out.. Unless you want a hobby style deflector. But these work great in my opinion.

I dont run them because I think it gives my rigs a "24 hour Le Mans" look, you know how those cars look about 17 hours in to that race when the sun is beginning to come back up! They look dirty and hardened! Brake dust, exhaust deposits, paint scratches etc. it gives it that look of character! I almost never wash my car bodies just because it looks so good! But if you absolutely have to run one, you can go down to a hardware store and but some clear flexible tubing that should fit tightly over the tip so it won't come off, or car fuel tubing works.